cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long To Wait Past Estimated Delivery Date?

Last Tuesday, I won an auction for this item:

The estimated delivery date was this past Monday. I didn't receive the item Monday; I sent a message to the seller asking for the tracking number. As of today, I haven't heard from the seller about the number or received the package. How long should I wait before I report that I haven't received it?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Should seller not respond, Go to Resolution Center, bottom of this page, and Open Item not received case. I wait a max of 3 days after expected delivery date(s) to open case (Should I not hear from seller about my email) Good Luck to you.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Should seller not respond, Go to Resolution Center, bottom of this page, and Open Item not received case. I wait a max of 3 days after expected delivery date(s) to open case (Should I not hear from seller about my email) Good Luck to you.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

The estimated delivery date is usually a timeframe with a start and end date.

For example, May 5 to May 12.  If May 3 is the first date in the estimated time frame, you need to wait until the last date, and maybe give it a bit more time, before you need be concerned and open a case.

Not every seller ships with tracking, so that is not necessarily a concern.

Just follow the estimated delivery timeframe.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I checked that listing and it says on or before May 23.  

Today is the 18th.  You have some more time to go on delivery.

Sorry!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

That would be if the item was shipping today and to YOUR zip. Expedited shipping should never take more than 2 weeks to be delivered.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Generally correct provided USPS or the delivering carrier has the same mindset. The key in opening an INR case is the tracking and what it shows. In this case the seller never entered a tracking number to enable the OP to even determine if it was shipped.

To Original OP - The delivery was supposed to occur this past Monday. It is now Friday and no delivery. You messaged the seller with no response nor delivery confirmation number communicated and apparently not entered. Time to open the INR case.

@takikawa4 wrote:

That would be if the item was shipping today and to YOUR zip. Expedited shipping should never take more than 2 weeks to be delivered.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Given some of the draconian measures ebay imposes on sellers who run afoul of their policy, I would err on the side of caution and tolerance before officially reporting an overdue delivery.   At the very least, I would send a question to the seller first, and then wait several days for a reply. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Yes, a little tolerance is a good thing and goes a long way!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Hey what seller was this and did you get your item? Because i am having the same issue

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply