cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long To Wait? If Item Doesn’t Arrive In Time From China?

At some point it will become too late to open a case. It’s past the date indicated and the tracking doesn’t really track anything. Should I wait a few days longer?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: How Long To Wait? If Item Doesn’t Arrive In Time From China?

@pf9000,

Your buyer protections start the day after the last estimated delivery date, and you have 30 days from that date to file an Item Not Received (INR) dispute.  Chances are the tracking number you have received is from China Post, and it will not update once it leaves Chinese control.  Given the tactics used by chinese sellers to cost buyers their protections, open the dispute and only accept a full refund as a solution.  Do not pay attention to messages sent through ebay messages, that do not appear in the resolution center console. Those will be attempts to get you to lose your Money Back Guarantee protections. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

in addition to mucsharks excellent advice, please do not let the seller talk you into getting a replacement. It wont arrive either and too much time will have passed to open an ebay case. Get your money back

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@lynnscollectiblesnstuff wrote:

in addition to mucsharks excellent advice, please do not let the seller talk you into getting a replacement. It wont arrive either and too much time will have passed to open an ebay case. Get your money back

Yes, THIS IS CORRECT - YOU want a REFUND of your MONEY  - NOTHING ELSE - the Replacement WILL NOT GET TO YOU (Because the Chinese will NOT send it to you) and after the Days expire on delivery - Kiss your money GOODBYE!

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

P.S. - You can always resend the money if your item does arrive!

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

And than you end up with 2 of them.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

This is often an issue on international sales such as this.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

And for those who say, "Don't buy from China," well sometimes...

Year or so ago a upgraded to an I-Phone 6 and the Verizon store would have me add a charger, a case, and a protective glass screen, to the tune of nearly $100.  Well...

I found the stuff on eBay, from Chinese sellers, for about $9 total, and I got all of it, and still use them. 

Sure there are horror stories here about Chinese sellers, but most Chinese folks I know are honest hard-working people.  Not talking about the government, just about regular folks that I have met on my several trips to China.  And my Chinese wife of 12 years, that everyone I know thinks of as the "Energizer Bunny" because she seems to work tirelessly.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@div_style wrote:

Sure there are horror stories here about Chinese sellers, but most Chinese folks I know are honest hard-working people.  Not talking about the government, just about regular folks that I have met on my several trips to China.  

----------------------------------- 

Maybe some are in fact  government sellers ?

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Never buy chinese on ebay. Unless you like gambling in a game with the odds 2 to 1 you will get nothing or get garbage. I love buying on ebay, but never ever buy from china on here. Never.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

For the most part I agree with you....I have found a couple of gemstone dealers in china that specialize in a few gemstones. Good quality great prices and good feedback . they are smaller mom & pop store. Most of the people in here that complain about not getting their items or poor quality or being ripped off are those larger stores that sell cheap merchandise and have terrible feedback
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Good to know its like anyplace, with some good honest sellers. I just find other sites have a better track record of weeding out the garbage than ebay.
Message 12 of 12
latest reply