cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heres A New One-Buy On Ebay-Receive From Amazon

We recently bought some hair care products on eBay.  They arrived in an Amazon Prime box (no packing materials and both jars were cracked).  What the Seller was doing was using Amazon as a warehouse.  She purchased the item we bought from Amazon using their gift program-thus being able to ship to another address.  When we complained to the eBay Seller she responded that we needed to complain to Amazon not her!  Complained to eBay, but got nowhere.  That category (hair care products) is full of high negative feedback sellers.  This is just a heads-up for fellow eBayers.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Heres A New One-Buy On Ebay-Receive From Amazon

always believed  Ebay sellers should be in possession of their items they sell or warehouse near by. Dont like it when they say item is in a location in town close to me. But then ships fron 3000 miles away.

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

Please report them to amazon prime. They are stealing, no different from people who shoplift from stores. It is a violation of their prime agreement.

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

Please report them to amazon prime. They are stealing, no different from people who shoplift from stores. It is a violation of their prime agreement.

Unless the seller is using A Fulfillment; that is not in violation of FBA Prime used by sellers on A.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 18 of 28
latest reply

Thanks for the heads up but this has been going on for ages and is nothing new.

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

@joesoucie22012 wrote:

Amazon?Amazon?

How about ordering something from Amazon and it comes in an eBay package? What is that? 

Reverse scenario?

Message 20 of 28
latest reply

@cs497kcpope wrote:

It's not new at all! I have received several items drop shipped from Amazon, and I was not very happy about it either!!

Why didn't you get what you ordered?

Or were you unhappy because someone found it cheaper and sold it for more?

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

Very true but that does not make it right!! No wonder Ebay is suing amazon!! 😞

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

Well, fortunately or unfortunately, we, as individuals, are not the arbiters of what is right and what is wrong, except, perhaps, in our own immediate spheres of influence.
Message 23 of 28
latest reply

@cs497kcpope wrote:

While there is nothing against drop shipping, Ebay has taken moves to discourage it.  

My experience was as follows.  I was looking for an item, a new movie, as a gift after I finished my Christmas shopping but early in Dec.  Plenty of time to get it, but due to holiday rush and busy carriers, I wanted to be sure to get it quickly.  I checked Ebay and Amazon.  The Ebay price was a bit more but had a quicker delivery time, so I bought from Ebay, and lo and behold, the item comes as a "gift" from Amazon, and IIRC, I didn't get it any faster.  An item that comes as a "gift" from Amazon means the seller has used their Prime Account so Amazon pays shipping instead of them, and is an abuse of their Prime account.  I let the seller know that I had checked Amazon and chose to buy from Ebay although it cost more because of the quicker delivery time, only to get it from Amazon anyway (if I wanted to buy from there, I would have) and it was certainly not a gift as I paid for it!

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

@cs497kcpope wrote:

Ebay is suing Amazon for allegedly using the Ebay message system to entice sellers away from selling on Ebay to sell on Amazon.

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

Can ebay sue ebay for taking away sales from sellers?

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 26 of 28
latest reply

Nope, just a smart buyer
Message 27 of 28
latest reply

Wow u sure have yourself convinced that someone making money out of a garage in Kansas is a bad thing and that because you had a package stolen that it should be replaced by the seller, I hope that the job that you have doesnt work on that principle.

Message 28 of 28
latest reply