cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heres A New One-Buy On Ebay-Receive From Amazon

We recently bought some hair care products on eBay.  They arrived in an Amazon Prime box (no packing materials and both jars were cracked).  What the Seller was doing was using Amazon as a warehouse.  She purchased the item we bought from Amazon using their gift program-thus being able to ship to another address.  When we complained to the eBay Seller she responded that we needed to complain to Amazon not her!  Complained to eBay, but got nowhere.  That category (hair care products) is full of high negative feedback sellers.  This is just a heads-up for fellow eBayers.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Nothing new about it.   Ebay sellers have been using Amazon for drop shipping for years.   It is not against ebay policy - sellers have to get their items from somewhere and Amazon may be as good as any other.

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

It was news to us. Seller should have to disclose that they are drop shipping the product.
Message 3 of 28
latest reply

No seller ever has to disclose the source of his items.   Nor will they ever.

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

Personally I will often only look at high volume sellers negative coments hoping for complaints about Amazon shipping.    With that you can directly compaire to the Amazon price or better yet know that your purchase (if sold through Amazon Direct) is the best possible purchase option on eBay.  Explained in a little detail, if shipped from Amazon, it comes from one of their warehouses instead of some garage in Kansas once the seller uses whatever steps are necessary for them to check thier stock, box, purchase postage and deliver to the carrier.  Along with the posibility that something arrives damaged and it is a 15 to 21 day fiasco to get refunded or replaced.  Requiring possible eBay intervention.     When I make a Saturday night eBay purchase from a known Amazon drop shipper, I usually have the product delivered on Sunday in less than 24 hours in spite of the 5 day eBay estimate.   In fact I purchased an item in that exact same senerio.  Delivered on Sunday and stolen off my front porch within 10 minutes of delivery.   The post office confirmed my package was scanned on my front porch so the eBay seller normally would have proof of delivery and total loss to me.   Forget insurance, it was delivered.   But with this package that was stolen, I emailed the seller and within the 2nd message realized I was corisponding with an automated system from Amazon.  The item was sold out on eBay, Sold out on Amazon for Prime delivery but what happened?   The 3rd auto Amazon reply notified me there was a shipping label issue?    Then within less than 14 hours on a Presidents Day Monday Holiday a private carrier arrived with a replacemnt product that instead of being shipped from a local wharehouse was shipped on an air carrier from 1,200 miles away and hand delivered.  Again, replacing an item stolen on my property after being delivered in less than 24 hours on a Sunday with a product not in stock except in Houston TX 14 hours later on Presidents Day.   My suggestion, check pricing, and be happy when you get a shipment from Amazon because they are a seller and focus on shipping, not extorting money from self employed sellers who are hurt by losses.

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

It's not new at all! I have received several items drop shipped from Amazon, and I was not very happy about it either!!

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

You must be an amazon drop shipper!! :(:(:(

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

Amazon has a service called FBA (Fullfillment By Amazon) for a fee a seller has their inventory shipped from their vendor to a Amazon warehouse. Whether an orders come from the seller’s own website, EBay, or Amazon it’s is packed and shipped Amazon. This service is growing very rapidly.
Message 8 of 28
latest reply

Amazon?Amazon?

How about ordering something from Amazon and it comes in an eBay package? What is that? 

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

I sell on both Amazon and Ebay. Some of my inventory I send to Amazon and they warehouse and ship it out for me, AKA Fulfillment By Amazon. There is nothing wrong with using a fulfillment house for your inventory, weather it's Amazon or someone else.
Message 10 of 28
latest reply

Maybe I'm missing some thing here if you bought on Ebay and a Ebay seller, they are responsible for making it right. Just start a return with Ebay damage in shipment. Bought on Ebay, Ebay's return no matter what the seller says. I do not like drop shippers. I don't believe drop is going to be allowed much longer on Ebay https://www.ebay.com/gds/5-Reasons-Not-to-Use-Drop-Shipping-on-eBay-/10000000010405746/g.html
Message 11 of 28
latest reply

As an eBay seller for quite a long time; I have .. in the past year .. experienced the annoying 'drop ship' method.   I can go now to Amazon and find many of my Cancer Awareness Bracelets listed with hiked up prices and shipping costs.   Because I am a Survivor myself and this is very personal to me; I do not charge high prices.  I have reasonable prices...cover my expenses and never, ever charge shipping.  Therefore; the Amazon seller is purchasing from me...I make the product...absorb the cost of materials...pay shipping...pay all fees...pay all taxes...etc. and the drop ship seller sits back and makes more money than I.  I will admit to the guilt of not having my photos and heartfelt descriptions watermarked.    I ship via eBay; therefore it is an eBay label.  Recently, I came up with the idea of having personal eBay business cards printed.  I add one to each drop ship package so that the Amazon buyer will be alerted that eBay should have been their first stop...not Amazon.  For me it is an aggravation that the buyer is purchasing Awareness bracelets in support of or memory of someone who is on the mean cancer journey at much higher prices than they should have to.   In other words....they were 'had' by the Amazon seller!  That's just not right!  

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

I did not mean to imply that I did not resolve the problem in our favor-I did. The seller wanted us to deal with Amazon-we refused and the matter was resolved in our favor. Screw Amazon.
Message 13 of 28
latest reply

And that is why I will not allow Amazon ship my items. I have expensive collectibles that cannot be replaced if broken. I know how to properly prepare them for shipping anywhere and know they will arrive without damage, unless of course an elephant steps on it or such, automated machine. You get the picture. I am responsible for my items getting to the buyer safely, and selling through Amazon takes that ability away from the seller. I will only sell through a platform that allows me to ship my own items.
Message 14 of 28
latest reply

If you send your items to A to be warehoused, they won't be opened.  So, if they are properly prepared, you're fine unless that elephant comes along.

Many, many times I've "recycled" A Prime boxes when shipping ebay items.  I always tell the buyer that the widget came from me, myself and I, not A, since so many are upset with the dropshipping.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 15 of 28
latest reply