cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help from more experience buyers or sellers please

I'm trying to purchase a cake pan.

The seller has only 2 photos, not clear, and it is listed as "new". In the describsion it says both "new" and "used". And has no specific shipping to my location.

So I contact the seller, asking for more details for the pan and a photo of it without the paper around it, and for shipping cost.

The seller replies that will send me the photo and shipping information when return home.

The next day the seller has relist the item, as "new" and shipping cost shows but no photo or detailed info.

No reply to me. I send another mail making an offer for the pan if it is without scratches, rust etc.

The seller answers two days later saying to "make an offer". It is in my understanding that If I do I'm commited to buy the item,right?

So I answered that before I do, I want to know what are the marks shown on the photo.

I get a reply that the marks is form the light, I will send you a photo to see but no responce since.

Does this sound normal to you? What would you advise me to do?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Help from more experience buyers or sellers please

Hi. For many years, I've been a buyer of all kinds of things on EB and a seller of gemstones on EB. I think you already know the answer to your question. PASS ON THIS ONE! You handled it perfectly - you looked at the photos, read the fine print, wrote for more details and gave the seller the time to respond - perfect. When I buy, whether it is for little or lots of money, I do the same. When I sell, I am particularly happy with the customers who ask questions beforehand. When you ask questions and don't get full answers to each one of them, move along to someone else. I hope this helps!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Sellers are the ones who decide where they want to ship.  If the seller doesn't ship to your location, why waste time on this?

Is this a super-rare cake pan? Are there none others listed where the seller does ship to your location, has clear photos and will answer questions?  

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi. For many years, I've been a buyer of all kinds of things on EB and a seller of gemstones on EB. I think you already know the answer to your question. PASS ON THIS ONE! You handled it perfectly - you looked at the photos, read the fine print, wrote for more details and gave the seller the time to respond - perfect. When I buy, whether it is for little or lots of money, I do the same. When I sell, I am particularly happy with the customers who ask questions beforehand. When you ask questions and don't get full answers to each one of them, move along to someone else. I hope this helps!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for answering!

The seller does ship to my location. but hasn't list a shipping method, and there was an ebay message to contact seller for the shipping.

There are some others, and the sellers offered a discount (message from ebay that seller made an offer) but they have marks and I'm looking for a clear one.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for answering!

I didn't like that I wasn't getting clear answers and seller keep saying that will send photo and didn't but maybe some sellers think that by "new" describe everything? How hard is it to take and send a photo?

I quess I needed to hear this from someone else to become sure.

Thank you!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply