cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback of a seller

I left negative feedback for a seller yesterday who said his shipper cannot find my house when t he item has not even shipped yet.  The feeback  brought his rating down a bit.    I noticed he has new postiive feedback with no item number, no comment an no name.    Is his recent positive feedback legitimate?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Feedback of a seller

Hello,

Yes all those FB's are legit..

BUT  that seller has had 39 negs in the last month. Yes, they are very high volume but still..

That's not a seller I would have purchased from. 

As for the "shipper can't find"  if you have a PO box some shippers wont deliver to you.

Could be a small glitch with the address.. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

For the last few months, and with an average of almost 200 purchases a month, I have seen perfectly legitimate feedback go flying out of the window and that about once a month.

I can still see what they say if I go to the bottom of the page and click on either "Reply to feedback received" or "Follow up to feedback left", and it happens to both left and received, the last one to have lost all information was on 07/27, you can see the date when you leave a follow-up.

And it has nothing to do with false positives on the seller's side or negatives or neutrals from me

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I am a little confused when you said that the shipper cannot find your home, when it was not even shipped yet, but anyway it can happen.  I had a pkg being delivered via UPS - I've lived here for 60 yrs, never changed my address, just my last name (when I was married).  There are two (2) identical addresses on my street, same number, same street, one in my city and one in the neighboring city.  My address is a house, the other a business (store).  I've received pkgs for the store and I just call them and they come and pick up the item(s), but this last one was I think due to GPS.  I had a County Sheriff come to my home (scared the bejeezus out of me) because I thought my brother was in an accident, but he was to go to the store for a robbery, so it can happen - may be rare, but it can be due to GPS.

Like I stated above, just a bit confused, and not sure of the delivery agent, but it can happen.  Hope your item arrives okay 🙂

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@postingid2017 wrote:

I am a little confused when you said that the shipper cannot find your home, when it was not even shipped yet, but anyway it can happen.  I had a pkg being delivered via UPS - I've lived here for 60 yrs, never changed my address, just my last name (when I was married).  There are two (2) identical addresses on my street, same number, same street, one in my city and one in the neighboring city.  My address is a house, the other a business (store).  I've received pkgs for the store and I just call them and they come and pick up the item(s), but this last one was I think due to GPS.  I had a County Sheriff come to my home (scared the bejeezus out of me) because I thought my brother was in an accident, but he was to go to the store for a robbery, so it can happen - may be rare, but it can be due to GPS.

Like I stated above, just a bit confused, and not sure of the delivery agent, but it can happen.  Hope your item arrives okay 🙂

Oh my stars! That would scare the pajeebies outta me.. AAscared_smiley.gif    

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@jetskigolden

@jetskigolden wrote:

I left negative feedback for a seller yesterday who said his shipper cannot find my house when t he item has not even shipped yet.  The feeback  brought his rating down a bit.    I noticed he has new postiive feedback with no item number, no comment an no name.    Is his recent positive feedback legitimate?

Some Sellers don't use tracking depending on what's being sold, they take their chances ... if that is the case then it is possible it was not showing shipped but actually was. 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

These are ratings that have no name, no item desription and no comment.   Just the green circle giving the seller another positive point.   Shouldn't something show up as to the comment or what the item was that was sold?    With my situation, the seller waited a week before he said he shipper could not find my house.   I saw other omments similar to that for the same person.    Just thought it was odd there was positive feedback with nothing else   Also like since I knocked him down a notch he gets all this postiive with nothing after the green circle.   Never saw it before.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@jetskigolden,

"These are ratings that have no name, no item desription and no comment.   Just the green circle giving the seller another positive point". 

That does sound like falsely given feedback, especially the part about no comment. Though there had to be a sale for feedback to be given.  If the seller is located in China, its possible they have found a way to falsify feedback. 

However, look at the buyer(s) IDs who left those feedback which will appear as (a***b) and either a feedback number or colored star.  If a buyer makes several purchases in a one week period from a seller they only count as one feedback point, even if the buyer leaves feedback for all of the items. Some buyers leave one comment, then just hit the positive button for the rest of the items because of that.  If the listings are marked a Private on the right side of the feedback, no product info will be displayed either. 

Did you click on the numbers of negatives the seller has received to read only those comments?  Most buyers do not even bother looking at the positive feedback a seller has, especially high volume ones, they want to know about issues the seller has.

Since you have not received the item you purchased, if the last estimated delivery date has passed, open an Item Not Received (INR)  dispute, from the drop down menu to the right of the listing title in your purchase history.  Since you tried contacting the seller, skip that step and go directly to opening a dispute. The seller would have to then prove with a tracking number, that your item was undeliverable as addressed. Do not accept getting a replacement item as a solution, go for a refund only.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

These are ratings that have no name, no item desription and no comment.   Just the green circle 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I've seen them, just taken a look.

That's weird, i've never seen that before, not sure what's going on there.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

There is no name or item numberr.   Just the green circle for positive feedback.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@jetskigolden, @*madison,

I just looked at the seller's feedback profile and do not see any positive green donuts, without further info.  Are both of you using the App?  If so it could be just another glitch.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

No, I'm using my laptop.

Here's a screen shot one of the feedbacks. @mudshark61369

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

During hot summer days before school starts, the sun exposure gets to some of the delivery guys who have been outside for too long.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@mudshark61369 have a look at the second feedback I left.

This is the same seller whose positive feedback I received a couple weeks back and which I was referring to a few posts higher up, it is just that a green dot nothing more.

Yet if I try to leave follow-up the text, in German, and nothing weird about it, appears in full, same for the glowing feedback I left them yesterday when I received my item.

As I said a couple of days ago, it tends to happen about once a month

Message 14 of 14
latest reply