cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake Electronics conpomndnts -LM338K

I have bought several LM338K voltage regulators from various sellers , and all resulted fake. They blowout at the very first time . 

What is strange, is that, when I searched my purchase history , to comment,  they disappeared! I don’t have any records from where I bought them! 

Dont buy these fake items. They are giving a very bad name to Ebay, and eBay, should take action. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Fake Electronics conpomndnts -LM338K

@pulu-mt,

You need to check your seller's feedback profile before buying from them.  Several of the sellers you have bought from recently have received negative feedback for defective or off brand items, as well as for not shipping.  Most of your sellers are from China, even those "registered as a business seller in the UK", where counterfeiting brand name items is a way of life, as well as selling poor quality items. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Then, when there are lots of negative feedback, eBay should act, and put its reputation first, before money! eBay should not delete part of my purchase history, to ahevolate the sellers 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Then, when there are lots of negative feedback, eBay should act, and put its reputation first, before money! eBay should not delete part of my purchase history, to ahevolate the sellers

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Many buyers put a positive feedback, before even trying the item! 

Or, sometimes, it takes time , or circumstances to try an item to see if it is up to specifications. Feedback should not be restricted to those who bought the item, but, also, those who have had an expierence with the item. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

More issues are emerging! 

Now,  low cost , post free,  LM317 regulator kits, have been lost on their way to Malta, from China, via Rome!  Or shall I say, stolen, to be re sold to resellers? 

WHY THESE ISSUES ARE HAPPENING ONLY ON EBAY? 

I regularly buy from AliExpress, Amazon, Bangagood, Chinavasion etc, and never had these issues, even on untracked Mail! 

Ebay should check with these postal services! 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@pulu-mt wrote:

Many buyers put a positive feedback, before even trying the item! 

Or, sometimes, it takes time , or circumstances to try an item to see if it is up to specifications. Feedback should not be restricted to those who bought the item, but, also, those who have had an expierence with the item. 

"Feedback should not be restricted  to those who bought the item, but, also, those who have had an experience with the item"??

The day ebay allows anyone and everyone to leave feedback for an item I never sold them on MY feedback "just because they have had experience with the item"  is the day I'm gone.

You could do a review on the item but that also wouldn't be fair since you haven't purchased the actual REAL item~~you've been purchasing fakes/counterfeits at cheap prices.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

when there are lots of negative feedback, eBay should act,

EBay does not use feedback, which is voluntary and in practice is left by only about 40% of users, as a measure of seller performance.

Instead they use the Resolution Centre where problems are formally reported, assessed, and refunds and/or Defects are doled out.

It takes very few Defects to restrict the number and value of listings a seller can have, and very few more before his account is closed.

eBay should not delete part of my purchase history

This is a bad design on the part of eBay.

What has happened though is that your sellers have accumulated enough Defects to have their account shut down.

EBay does not clearly explain to unhappy buyers what to do in these cases.

Go to your Paypal account and look for the failed transaction.

Go to the top of your PP account page. The PP Resolution Centre is under Tools.

Open an Item Not As Described Dispute.

The first suggestion is to Contact the Seller.

What you want is a REFUND. Ignore any offers of a replacement. It either won't arrive or will also fail.

If you don't get a prompt refund (which takes literal seconds) do NOT close the Dispute.

Ask PP to step in and Escalate to a Claim.

• Bad news here. PP (unlike eBay)requires the buyer to return the unwanted item  to the seller with Confirmation of Delivery.
  • This is not available for some countries and all international tracked shipping is expensive.

When the item shows are delivered, you will be refunded.

Too bad the Seller used tracked shipping and can show delivery, because obviously and Item Not Delivered dispute does not have that requirement.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Also, it is possible that all your Sellers were using the same supplier.

Did the listings look almost identical?

Those are dropshippers.

Some will be in China, some in the USA, and currently a lot of Chinese sellers are posting their listings on the UK and Australian sites.

Since they are all selling the same product, they are all selling carp.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply