cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I block a seller?

Is there any way to permanently block a seller so that I do not have to remember not to buy from them?  Sellers can block buyers so is the reverse possible?  I know you can block them from search results, but I would like to be able to block them on a permanent basis so I don't have to enter their seller ID each time I search for an item to buy.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Can I block a seller?

No.  Blocked Seller lists have been requested many times, but so far those requests have fallen on deaf ears.  Feel free to stp by the Chat with Staff this afternoon and add your voice to the chorus:   https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Reminder-Community-Chat-Jan-17-at-1pm-PT/td-p/27914658/jump-to...

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Can I block a seller?

You can block a limited number of sellers using the advanced search page. Unfortunately, that’s all you can do.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Can I block a seller?

my experience: if i get blocked by a seller, i cannot communicate or buy from that member and if i block them back, they can make no contact with me hence including a sell.  i always thought the block list worked in both directions, buyers and sellers so I add both to my list in case it does.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Can I block a seller?

It's a blocked bidder list. It doesn't block sellers. The OP is presumably talking about sellers they don't want to do business with regardless of whether the seller blocked them or not.

We've been asking about this forever. There are sellers in my cat who spam the listings. I've had numerous bad transactions over the last 19 years. A blocked seller list would be awesome.

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Can I block a seller?

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:
A blocked seller list would be awesome.

Well, as suggested ...  the Chat in about an hour.

OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Can I block a seller?

They always have it when I’m teaching class

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Can I block a seller?

I came so close to buying from someone that I had negged.

I only noticed it when I was looking at their feedback. I scanned through the couple hundred negs they had and noticed mine........

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Can I block a seller?

I use a bio-mechanical data storage system to store the names of seller with which I do not wish to do business.  I've found it to be extremely effective.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Can I block a seller?

Theoretically I have dozens of sellers I don't want to buy from again. My brain can't keep track of that many. Remember I have well over 20k purchases in my category.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Can I block a seller?

Theoretically I have dozens of sellers I don't want to buy from again. My brain can't keep track of that many. Remember I have well over 20k purchases in my category.

Might I suggest trying my bio-mechanical data storage system?  Mine consists of a bound notebook and my cross pen.  However, you can certainly substitute a pencil with an eraser if you feel the need to backspace.  Carbon paper can also give backup capability and a dictionary adds spell check to the system.

Oh!  You can also, if you feel the need, include encryption by making your entries in cursive.  However, you should be aware that some people can still read it although it is no longer taught in school.  Of course, if your handwriting is as bad as mine, writing in cursive may be a bit redundant.  Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Can I block a seller?

can i get a copy from the mimeograph?
Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Can I block a seller?

@flyinhawaiiangirl wrote:
can i get a copy from the mimeograph?

Alas!  I don't share my BBS list.  However, the system is easy to establish.  Of course, when it comes to choosing those sellers to put on it, my advice is to use your own judgement or the Leroy Jethro Gibbs' gut method. Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Can I block a seller?

@7606dennis wrote:

Might I suggest trying my bio-mechanical data storage system?

Only if it prevents listings from those sellers from appearing in search results.  Otherwise it isn't relevant to the discussion.

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Can I block a seller?

I don't understand anyone fighting the idea of a Blocked Seller List unless they're worried they will be on it. I would think that the ability to block spamming sellers would be helpful to everyone. There are days when I stop my search because my vintage category is full of non-vintage spam. I should be able to block the violating sellers once and for all.

I just don't get it. This is 2018, why should I have to resort to a 1918 solution?

Message 15 of 25
latest reply