cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay purchase via PayPal just spinning when trying to pay.

Attempted several methods, but PayPal purchase method just spins and spins October 15, 2023 Noon CDT

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Ebay purchase via PayPal just spinning when trying to pay.

I suppose I'd wait it out. I like to use a CC on file with PayPal, too... for the added layer of protection. Hang in there...

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I had this problem.  I added another credit card to my account, that cured it.  It's apparently some kind of glitch between ebay and paypal, as my paypal account worked fine everywhere else. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Which browsers have you  tried? Have you tried checking out using the eBay app?

Any difference if you disable add-ons in your browser(s)? Or using a private or incognito browser window?

Any difference if you sign in to PayPal in a separate browser tab before you try to check out and pay?

Any difference if you use PayPal's One Touch auto login feature? You can disable it afterwards if you do not like the idea of your browser having access to your PayPal account enabled.

Any difference if you try checking out on ebay.ca instead of ebay.com?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

And, a day later (10/16/2023, mid afternoon), eBay is not accepting PayPal as a payment method.  eBay wants me to set up a credit card for future purchases.  Nope, I'll find my item elsewhere.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

eBay is not accepting PayPal as a payment method.

I still see PayPal listed among the accepted payment methods. If PayPal's service is interrupted, it may disappear from that list, but I still see it in item listings.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Yes.  I found PayPal among the choices.  However, when PayPal is chosen, it does not go through / allow the choice to "stick".  Instead eBay asks you to use the PayPal credit card or designate a different card.  

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

However, when PayPal is chosen, it does not go through / allow the choice to "stick". Instead eBay asks you to use the PayPal credit card or designate a different card.

I just made a purchase and paid via PayPal without issues.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I just bought two items via the app and paid with Paypal. Easy peasy.  Try logging into your Paypal account first and then try to pay.  Just in case it works. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 9 of 9
latest reply