cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Mastercard Awarding 1X Points Instead of 5X Points For Ebay Purchases Over Last Year

If you have been experiencing similar problems as I state below with Synchrony Bank Ebay Mastercard, PLEASE RESPOND!

From December 2020 until July 2021 I had a number of Ebay purchases using the Ebay Mastercard award only 1x points instead of 5x points.  I stopped using the card in July.  At first it was a transaction here and there.  As months passed it eventually became every transaction.  I noticed the problem in late May 2021 and made many phone calls to the company to address my concerns.  They told me they would look into it and let me know the results within 2 monthly cycles.  Those 2 cycles passed and nothing was resolved.  In late July 2021 I submitted details of all the transactions.  I received a phone call in late July after submitting the information that the system had a problem and it would be rectified within 2 more monthly cycles and I would receive the proper points.  Also, they gave me a $25 credit for the problem. 

Well, 2 monthly cycles have now passed again, and still nothing.  I buy A LOT of items on Ebay, and normally would be receiving 3.33% in rewards.  I believe that it is very possible that Synchrony Bank is trying to discourage me from using the card since I accumulate significant amounts of rewards and always pay off my balance.

I have decided to seek legal consultation.  It's easiest for me to cancel the card and move on if I am the only one experiencing these problems.  However, if others have experienced the same issues, I need to hear from you as I will pursue this legally if it is eligible for class action status.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Ebay Mastercard Awarding 1X Points Instead of 5X Points For Ebay Purchases Over Last Year

Who’s Eligible

Individuals who received a call from Synchrony Bank regarding an account that did not belong to them, where the call was placed using an automatic dialing system or artificial/pre-recorded voice between June 1, 2016 and Oct. 19, 2020.

Potential Award

Cash payments.

Payment amounts will vary depending on the amount of claims filed, but estimates puts these payments between $25 and $50.

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/open-lawsuit-settlements/synchrony-bank-tcpa-class-a...

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

Re: Ebay Mastercard Awarding 1X Points Instead of 5X Points For Ebay Purchases Over Last Year

I have been trying to fix a points issue since June.  The customer service is the worst I have EVER experienced.  I just keep getting form letters.  Talking to managers does nothing.  Finally after 6 months they said I would get me points and now there is another issue where my points balance is negative from last month.  It is a huge mess!!

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

Same that I went through...they finally reviewed and awarded me 14779 points when they actually owed me 3 times that.  Synchrony bank is the worst company I have ever dealt with....actually 2nd worst if you consider the USPS a company.  Once I redeem the points I'm going to tell Synchrony bank exactly where to go, and take my credit card with them.  I haven't used the card in months and will never do business with them again...EVER.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

I have had the same issue for all of 2021 and probably part of 2020.  I've been complaining about it but they act like idiots and send me stupid forms explaining what a point is and what 1500 points gets you.  It also started off slow, $70-$80 worth of points missing in Jan/Feb 2021.  Then it got worse and worse, until in November I was shorted $375 worth of points.  In total for 2021, I was shorted 372,564 points worth $2,483.76 !!  

I'm faxing them 30 pages of statements with circles on ebay transactions (about 95% of them are totalling 99% of dollar volume) to them and mailing it to them.  Their Fax is 866/433-6076 attn Ebay MC Rewards - Synchrony Bank P.O. Box 965013 Orlando, FL 42896-5013.  Include your account number.  

Wish me luck.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

I went through the exact same as you, and I did the exact same thing as you did....They shorted me 36,002 points.  I sent them spreadsheets totaling all the transactions in which I was shorted last year.  They called me and acknowledged that their system wasn't awarding points correctly.  After 6 months they finally gave me 14772 points of the 36002...strangely 1272 of the points have been hung up for 4 months and won't go into my rewards.  Synchrony Bank is either completely INCOMPETENT, or they are doing this on purpose to "run off" high points earners who don't carry a balance in which they can collect interest.  They successfully ran me off.  I stopped using the card 6 months ago and I AM DONE WITH THEM.  I am waiting for someone to file a class action lawsuit and I will make a claim when/if it happens.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

This year have spent well over $2500 on ebay using my ebay credit card but my points weren't accumulating as they should. Called. The agent at ebay Synchrony asked if during checkout, did I use ebay payment or payment to ebay through paypal? Did it make a difference? Where did it say that under the terms/conditions?  There is NO indication that using paypal (with an ebay charge) doesn't go towards "rewards" or points. I believe I followed the rules to accumulate points - Every month the charges from ebay were there and paid. ALL transactions were charged to my ebay credit card. THAT was the deal! I want the points due to me!

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

I'm done with them.  I stopped using the card long ago.  Get the Paypal Rewards card.  ANYTHING you buy and pay through paypal gets you 3% bonus points.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply