cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop shipped item.

So I bought a dark blonde hair dye on ebay because I think I'm too young to have grey hair.

Anyway, said hair dye got drop shipped from the river, and seller used prime.

I slipped the dye on,  my hair looks great, and I look at least 15 minutes younger, but I'm not sure about the drop shipping and prime.

Negative feedback?

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Drop shipped item.

Ahhhhhhhhh hair, 

I remember it well. 

Message 31 of 52
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I could think of far worse things to trigger negative feedback. This is not one of them.

Perhaps no feedback in this case would be appropriate or positive with a hint of passive aggression😉. As others have said, you did eventually get what you wanted albeit in a different manner than wanted.

Message 32 of 52
latest reply

@monster-deals wrote:

@*madison wrote:

The seller used it to ship an item to a customer which is not allowed.

"Prime members are not permitted to purchase products for the purpose of resale, rental, or to ship to their customers or potential customers using Prime benefits."

Unless you have a badge that says Amazon Police...so what?

I have badge that says I'm a buyer who bought an item on ebay and it got shipped by the river. Seller slipped my details to a third party without my permission, and shipped the item to me without the river's permission. 

The seller is not honest or trustworthy.

That is the "so what?" you asked about.

Message 33 of 52
latest reply

@*madison wrote:

@monster-deals wrote:

@*madison wrote:

The seller used it to ship an item to a customer which is not allowed.

"Prime members are not permitted to purchase products for the purpose of resale, rental, or to ship to their customers or potential customers using Prime benefits."

Unless you have a badge that says Amazon Police...so what?

I have badge that says I'm a buyer who bought an item on ebay and it got shipped by the river. Seller slipped my details to a third party without my permission, and shipped the item to me without the river's permission. 

The seller is not honest or trustworthy.

That is the "so what?" you asked about.

That and a quarter will get you a cup of coffee....and if you save some money by using a smaller font size maybe 2 cups.

Message 34 of 52
latest reply

I've missed out an important bit.

The seller charged me £4.99 for shipping with Royal Mail, but shipped it for free from the river.

I know sellers have to make a profit, but doing it this way is dishonest.

Message 35 of 52
latest reply

@*madison,

The seller charged me £4.99 for shipping with Royal Mail, but shipped it for free from the river.

That would earn a negative from me.  Yes, sellers have a right to make a profit, but not by charging for a service that is not being used.  Usually when items are drop shipped the shipping cost is built into the item price.  I would go to the Resolution Center, use the Resolving buying problems option in the Help box, and report the seller. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 36 of 52
latest reply

Not only does this violate prime rules (if they misused prime) it also violates eBay's dropshipping rules. It is against the rules to sell then fulfill from a company you do not have a wholesale agreement with.

i would report them to both amazon and eBay. For those who think it’s nbd, would you ignore someone breaking into your neighbors house? Theft of services is theft regardless. If that seller would steal from amazon they will steal from anyone.

Message 37 of 52
latest reply

@*madison 

< Negative feedback? >   

No way.  In the first place, it doesn't warrant a neg; I reserve giving negative feedback for deliberate wicked misconduct.  In the second place, every other dropshipper will see that neg and block you, lest they be next to provoke your wrath. 

I gather from your follow up post that it isn't so much the product's source that irks you, as it is the eBay seller having provided your particulars to a third party.  If that's what worries you, you won't need any more dye because you'll be tearing out all your hair.  Privacy is a thing of the past, much less anonymity. 

Message 38 of 52
latest reply

Up to you but i wouldn't leave a negative.

The same thing has happened to me several times.

Take care and stay safe!

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 39 of 52
latest reply

I gather from your follow up post that it isn't so much the product's source that irks you, as it is the eBay seller having provided your particulars to a third party.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What irks me is passing my details to a third party,

product source because I hate the river,

and theft.

The theft irks me the most.

When I'm told my item will be shipped by Royal Mail for £4.99, and then the seller uses Prime to ship it, and the seller is also doing something which is not allowed by the river, negative feedback seems appropriate.

I've contacted the seller before I do anything, I'm waiting for a reply.

For a start, I want the £4.99 back.

Message 40 of 52
latest reply

In the second place, every other dropshipper will see that neg and block you, lest they be next to provoke your wrath. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

I've been blocked by thousands of sellers over the years, it's no big deal

And every dropshipper is welcome to block me, they will be doing me a favour, I don't like dropshippers, especially when I don't know they are going to drop ship.

Message 41 of 52
latest reply

100% agree with you....hope sellers seeing this post includes me on their BB list not interested in sellers that deliberately deceive their buyers.

Message 42 of 52
latest reply

@*madison  –  "I've been blocked by thousands of sellers over the years"   I can't imagine why. 

Message 43 of 52
latest reply

It doesn't matter why I've been blocked, it isn't important.

That £4.99 is important though, I don't like being robbed.

Message 44 of 52
latest reply

@*madison wrote:

It doesn't matter why I've been blocked, it isn't important.

That £4.99 is important though, I don't like being robbed.

Well good because you haven't been robbed.

Message 45 of 52
latest reply