cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A seller is harassing me

I was buying an item and it has 5 days left on auction I was winning. I found it cheaper so I asked the seller to ~MY MISTAKE~ OOPS!~ Cancel my bid. I told them if i win i will buy it i messed up as i was watching another item. Well someone bidded and outbid me! YAY! NOPE! The seller is sending me messages repeatedly I  am not operning them i lost the bid plus there is 5 more days left what do I do? 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

A seller is harassing me

Just ignore them. They will go away. Reporting probably won't do much but you can try. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

A seller is harassing me

First, I'd read the messages from the seller to see what he/she wants. It's hard for anyone to give you any advice if we have no idea what's going on. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

A seller is harassing me

@ki-724752 wrote:

I was buying an item and it has 5 days left on auction I was winning. I found it cheaper so I asked the seller to ~MY MISTAKE~ OOPS!~ Cancel my bid. I told them if i win i will buy it i messed up as i was watching another item. Well someone bidded and outbid me! YAY! NOPE! The seller is sending me messages repeatedly I  am not operning them i lost the bid plus there is 5 more days left what do I do? 

But if you aren't opening the messages then how can you call it harassment? Maybe the seller was sending you instructions on how you yourself can cancel a bid because you can do it yourself as the buyer. So perhaps these messages aren't actually negative but intended to be helpful. I don't know as you don't know because you haven't read them. Best of luck to you....

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

A seller is harassing me

This is an auction. Not a game.  You should check prices before you wave your bid paddle.  It disrupts auctions when bids are canceled. I can understand why the seller would not want to. Do the right thing, pay for your purchase if you win. You can always resell it yourself on ebay if you no longer want it.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

A seller is harassing me

How do you know what they are doing, if you have not opened their messages?  Maybe they are suggesting that you are careful in your future bidding, and explaining the ramifications.  

If anything, you helped increase their sold price.

Grandma

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

A seller is harassing me

Where did you find it cheaper, a BIN price, or another auction? If your watching another auction, how do you know it will be cheaper when it ends, unless you already won it. Obviously you were willing to pay the price you originally bid, so stop having anxiety over bids you already made. You''ll never be happy comparing every auction.

As far as the messages, why not open them? You're just assuming they are harassing you.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

A seller is harassing me

Don't be scared for the next 5 days... open them. You don't have to reply...

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

A seller is harassing me

I'm going to be blunt. I assume you're an adult, and can legally enter a binding contract, and I assume you understand that if the person or persons who out bid you retract their bids, you're on the hook to pay.

Grow up, read the messages and consider shopping in person in the future.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

A seller is harassing me

Sellers aren't required to cancel bids merely because you request it.  The time to do your shopping for a bargain is before placing a bid. By not opening the seller's messages you have no way of knowing if the seller is harassing you are not. 

Of course, you should be aware that even if you were outbid, you could still end up the winning bidder and be required to pay for the purchase as explained in eBay policy.  Failure to pay would be a policy violation under the UA to which you agreed by using the site. 

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

A seller is harassing me

According to policy "A bid is a binding contract that's active until an auction-style listing ends or you're outbid."

Since you were outbid unless you enter another higher bid the auction is over for you.  Even if the person who outbid you canceled their bid.  To do otherwise is opening auctions for a lot of Shill Bidding.

Screenshot 2021-02-28 210855.png

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

A seller is harassing me

@ki-724752 wrote:

i lost the bid plus there is 5 more days left what do I do? 

As others have pointed out, you haven't "lost" YET. You can still end up being the winner. So for now, your best option would be to wait until that auction ends before you buy the other thing.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply