cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Shipping

I recently purchased an item.  I'm not unhappy with my purchase or the price.  However, the seller is drop shipping from Walmart which I believe is a policy violation.    They actually messaged me that it was  shipped from Walmart.  How do you report it as it's clear to me that there are any number of sellers doing this.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Drop Shipping

@lightlily_arts,

Yes, drop shipping from a retailer does violate ebay's policy, and if you know what to look for on a seller's feedback profile you may find you bought from a hi-jacked account.   To report the seller follow the instructions below.

You have to go through the Resolution Center button at the bottom of any ebay page.

• Once you > on the Resolution Center button on the first page look in the Help box on the right
  • In the Help box  > on Resolving buying problems.
  • The page that opens is titled Resolving issues with sellers
  • Scroll down to,  Reporting an item or issue with a seller click >
  • Scroll down the next page to the  Report a seller button >
  • Select the buyer has violated one of eBay's policies.  >
  • Fill in the seller's username,
  • Select,  Other
  • In the text box state the seller used Walmart's retail site, to drop ship from. You received the item OK but it came with a Walmart receipt, and if contacted you can provide a photo of the shipping label and receipt.

Wat @campanaelia , has described is called a triangulation scam.  You pay a seller who turns around and buys from a retail site using a stolen credit card.  Since that site only has your name and address, they report the use of a stolen credit card as being done by you. 

Often buyers don't report the scam because they do not know what is happening, they receive their item and are happy. It is only later that the find out their name is flagged.

You may want to visit Walmart's site and look to see if thee is a security button you can use to report the possible scam. If they have a phone number call and ask how to report the suspected scam.  I would take screen shots/photos of your purchase and Order Details along with the label and receipt, so you can add them to a report.

What to look for on a profile page to see if a seller may be using a hi-jacked account.

Indications on the feedback profile page:

• The account was created several years ago.
  • All but one or two feedback are over a year old.  The most recent one(s) are for purchases made in the last 6 months or year.
  • There may be no feedback or few for selling. If there are selling feedback it is not for items like the one being sold, and usually not for multiple quantity available items.
  • Possibly a few recent sales but for unrelated inexpensive items.
"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The price was known to you before you bid or bought. You have no reason to be unhappy about it. If the item matches the description, you should be happy with it.  Yes, that did break the rules however, there is no way in place to report it. You could click the help and contact link at lower right of this page and speak to eBay. I think that would be a waste of time however.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Perhaps you didn't read the post.  They never said they were unhappy with the purchase or price.  OP stated it was a eBay policy violation.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/drop-shipping?id=4176&st=1...

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

The problem with a buyer drop shipping from stores is you don't know if they used fraudulent means to send the item. I once bought many items that had a great price from one seller on ebay. All the orders were delivered from different stores like Sears, Wayfair, Home Depot, Amazon and Walmart. The items were all brand new as described. But shortly afterwards when I shopped online at these stores I found out my address was flagged for purchases made using a stolen credit card. I immediately reported it to ebay and it took me a very long time to clear it up with all the stores.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@lightlily_arts,

Yes, drop shipping from a retailer does violate ebay's policy, and if you know what to look for on a seller's feedback profile you may find you bought from a hi-jacked account.   To report the seller follow the instructions below.

You have to go through the Resolution Center button at the bottom of any ebay page.

• Once you > on the Resolution Center button on the first page look in the Help box on the right
  • In the Help box  > on Resolving buying problems.
  • The page that opens is titled Resolving issues with sellers
  • Scroll down to,  Reporting an item or issue with a seller click >
  • Scroll down the next page to the  Report a seller button >
  • Select the buyer has violated one of eBay's policies.  >
  • Fill in the seller's username,
  • Select,  Other
  • In the text box state the seller used Walmart's retail site, to drop ship from. You received the item OK but it came with a Walmart receipt, and if contacted you can provide a photo of the shipping label and receipt.

Wat @campanaelia , has described is called a triangulation scam.  You pay a seller who turns around and buys from a retail site using a stolen credit card.  Since that site only has your name and address, they report the use of a stolen credit card as being done by you. 

Often buyers don't report the scam because they do not know what is happening, they receive their item and are happy. It is only later that the find out their name is flagged.

You may want to visit Walmart's site and look to see if thee is a security button you can use to report the possible scam. If they have a phone number call and ask how to report the suspected scam.  I would take screen shots/photos of your purchase and Order Details along with the label and receipt, so you can add them to a report.

What to look for on a profile page to see if a seller may be using a hi-jacked account.

Indications on the feedback profile page:

• The account was created several years ago.
  • All but one or two feedback are over a year old.  The most recent one(s) are for purchases made in the last 6 months or year.
  • There may be no feedback or few for selling. If there are selling feedback it is not for items like the one being sold, and usually not for multiple quantity available items.
  • Possibly a few recent sales but for unrelated inexpensive items.
"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you.  First, I appreciate that you took the time to actually read my post.  As stated in the post I wasn't unhappy with my purchase, but I had concerns over drop shipping for the reasons Campanaelia mentioned.   I was concerned because the seller never uploaded a tracking number so I checked their feedback.  However, it was a low cost item.  Nonetheless,  it was clear that they were drop shipping as their feedback showed them canceling orders for not having items available.  When they messaged me stating it was coming from Walmart they confirmed drop shipping.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply