cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Didn’t Receive Item, but can’t ask eBay to step in

Hello, I ordered a chest freezer Aug 14th and it never came. It was originally scheduled for delivery on Aug 24th. Each day, the tracking number shows scheduled for delivery and every time, it gets rescheduled. I opened up a case on Aug 28th and an eBay rep told me that I have to wait until Sept 14 to ask eBay to step in because the seller gave himself a month for the item to get delivered. The seller responded in the case messages initially saying FedEx confirmed to him the freezer was lost and asked if I wanted a replacement or a refund. I said I want a refund. Two days ago, the seller updated the shipping info with a new tracking # that still doesn’t show the item is even in transit. But the delivery time has been extended to September 22nd now before ebay can step in to be able to get me a refund. Does anyone have any advice on what I can do to get my money back on this freezer?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Didn’t Receive Item, but can’t ask eBay to step in

You'll have to wait until Sept 23rd now, to file an INR case.  Then you'll have to go through the process again.

If, for some reason eBay won't help you, you'll have to fall back on PayPal or your CC company.

Have you run the 1st tracking number on the FedEx website?  Does it show lost? Kind of hard to lose a freezer.

Go back in your PURCHASE HISTORY to this particular transaction.

Look carefully at the LAST ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE.  Has that date passed by more than a day or two?

If so, you can go to the Resolution Center at the bottom of any eBay page and open an item not received case.

To the best of my knowledge (and it's always been this way) that date IS the anticipated delivery date and CANNOT be changed. You have 30 days PAST THAT DATE to open an item not received case with eBasy.

And, a chest freezer? Are you sure it was not listed as Local Pickup? What was the shipping fee? 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Did you call FedEx directly and inquire about the tracking number (Freezer)? Freezers are hard to come by these days. Plus if it was shipped from an area that recently had a Natural Disaster it could have indeed been lost. I would call FedEx and have them investigate.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply