cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO NOT BUY FROM SELLERS IN CHINA THEY RIP YOU OFF

I purchased a glucose moniter watch from a chinese seller; I was hesitent because i have been ripped off before from a chinese seller they kept putting me off until it was out time to get my money back and ebay did not help or care. Now it is happening again, and again ebay is doing nothing to help me get my money back.  This was years ago when it happened before ,and i decided to give ebay a try again., and again I have been ripped off.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: DO NOT BUY FROM SELLERS IN CHINA THEY RIP YOU OFF

As an eBayer, are you aware of their Money Back Guarantee?

Regarding your current purchase, what is the expected delivery date? You have 30 days to file an item not received and get your money back. Go to your purchase history, look for item in question and click not received, follow the prompts and eBay will help.

For the other item, which I presume you tried to claim after 30 days, hence eBay decided against you. You can file a claim with your payment source, credit card or paypal, as the give you 180 day protection, some more. 

Finally, regarding purchasing from China, I'm not saying is bad, nor is good, but is cheap and provide others an opportunity to get items. Many stores in the US sell goods that are made in China, heck even some off brand items are sold on these very same stores are made in China, and yet numerous consumers continue to buy them. 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Where exactly are you at in the process?

Dates and details would be helpful.

It is really, very hard to lose with the eBay MBG for buyers. 

Posting ID
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@pan2roc 

It is not Ebay's fault when YOU delayed filing a refund request beyond the 30 days allowed.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Adding to what all the above posters correctly stated... The MBG would have worked to get your money back, if you had availed yourself of it within 30 days of not receiving your item. Letting that expire while fighting it out with a seller is not eBay's fault. They have protections in place, but you do not  have unlimited time to open a claim.

Too many buyers rip on the Bay for not helping them, when in reality they could have ( and would have) helped them if the proper procedure was followed by the buyer. 

Do not let sellers string you along. They know that if they can keep you from filing for 30 days, they keep your money.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Did you not read what I posted? I did not delay it china seller did. I was new to ebay at the time. There was no need for you to reply to this.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@pan2roc wrote:

Did you not read what I posted? I did not delay it china seller did. I was new to ebay at the time. There was no need for you to reply to this.

@pan2roc 

When you post on Ebay's public discussion boards, you are soliciting advice from any other Ebay member. You have no right to prohibit anyone from responding to your post.

As ALL the other responders have also stated, YOU waited too long to use Ebay's 30 day Money Back Guarantee. Sellers cannot force buyers to wait. Sellers in China are notorious for trying to stall their buyers, knowing that if the buyer waits long enough they won't be able to use the Money Back Guarantee.

Try filing a dispute through Paypal or your credit card company.

Good luck and have a nice day.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Your mistake was allowing the seller more time.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@pan2roc,

Had you checked out the terms and time frames for using ebay's Money Back Guarantee (MBG)  you would not have let the seller stall you past the time frame for getting resolution.  The MBG works very well for those who have read the policy. There is a link to the MBG policies on most ebay listings.  If you contact a seller about an issue and they either do not respond within a few days or make excuses, you file the correct dispute with ebay and only accept return for a full refund. The seller has to pay the return shipping cost. 

There were warning signs in the listing and on the seller's feedback profile page that the seller wasn't reliable.  The seller's estimated delivery time frame which if you bought from the listing today is from June 6, to August 2. 80 days.   That means that at the very least you would not be able to leave feedback after 60 days from paying for the item.There is really no good reason why an item coming from China should have an 80 day delivery time frame, even using an economy shipping service.

The seller's 97.9%  feedback rating is terrible for a high volume ebay seller.  The best ones will have a 99.6% rating, Those with less than 98.6% should be avoided. You should check the feedback profile of any seller you intend to buy from, and click on the numbers of neutral and negatives they have received to read only those comments.

There was also no brand name given for the watch, which means no Mfr. warranty. That gives the Allstate warranty system fits, since their warranty starts after the Mfr's. warranty expires.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Chinese sellers are notorious for delay tactics. Also most of the items are counterfeit, poorly made, etc. Some will send you any item to show that the item arrived.  Many want you to return the item back to China and of course the shipping is more than the cost of the item.    If you see an item that is dirt cheap, you can be certain that it is garbage.  It is very important that you get a decent glucose monitor.  Most insurance companies will pay for it.  You will need a doctor's prescription for the insurance to cover it. 

Many years ago, I got my mom a cheap one at Walmarts for 19.99.  It came with a few strips and it did work well. I am sure that one is more expensive now.  But at least, if it does not work, you can easily return it to Walmarts.  It was not a brand name.   Anyway, this is one device that you need for it to work well.

Finally, if it has not been more than 180 days and you paid with a credit card,  do a chargeback.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I know this is a year later.  but of course  chinese   are still prolific   fraudsters on ebay.  Just want to let you know that  I certainly empathize, as you are  caught in a  complex dilemma  and yes ebay is  part of the problem,  with bad polices. .  They don't have to but they do.  they allow  them to  take a long time with stated  long shipping times. and then do not   cover us at all  for these  very long delays that  eat up our  feedback  time.  We lose our money after 30 days. That is highway robbery and ebay allows these bad  sellers to stay even after many many negatives and complaints of abusive practices.   After all, THEY get to keep the fees etc as well. . And,  it takes our priceless time, and stresses us out.  There's no credible excuse for for ebay allowing  this kind of illegal fraudster cut throat activity, nor for some of these   terrible  responses you got.  Ebay's gotten a bad reputation for this kind of reasons.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@pan2roc 

< I was hesitent because i have been ripped off before from a chinese seller >    

Once bit, twice shy ... eh?  My philosophy goes something like this:  Buy from a seller in China if you insist on rolling the dice, but at least never pay an amount more than you would be comfortable just setting on fire and watching it burn. 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply