cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captcha in Item Descriptions?

I'm cruising around Ebay with my Laptop and I'm seeing Captchas  in Item Descriptions.   They are incomplete, as I can't see the instructions, so I can't get past them to see the Description or to even place a bid..

New Glitch? Ney  Feature? or is this another attempt to completely destroy Ebay's Buying experience? 

I've been told that money cannot buy happiness.... But I would like the opportunity to test that theory.
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Same here. I'm logged into my eBay account and even completing the Captcha isn't working.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

And this is on my Windows desktop in the latest version of MS Edge.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@funboy1227   its Friday so Im guessing it is the new Thursday night update glitch.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Same here (on ebay.com) listings. Completely unnecessary captcha, in the first place. And completing it doesn't work...

And on ebay.ca, ebay "Refused The Connection". Like a 'broken link' error message.

Ridiculous...as expected.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Having same problem.  Can't even see my own item's descriptions!

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I can complete the Captcha, but it just thanks me and doesn't actually load the description.  Had to click "revise" on my own listings this morning to see how I promised to mail things out.  Very cool.  Mac/Safari 15.4

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Same problem with the Captcha verifying but still not letting me see item descriptions.  I guess I just won't buy anything until it is fixed EBAY!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

It’s a glitch that eBay is working to fix. If you have the app there are no issues there at least none that I can see. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for looking.  I've listed a bit...  and shipped a bit.  Of course, neither requires me to look at listings....  but I'm annoyed that there are definitely buyers who are getting the same issue.    Not a good look, Ebay.

Thankfully, I've gotten a decent sale in the last hour, so at least some Buyers aren't experiencing the issue.

I've been told that money cannot buy happiness.... But I would like the opportunity to test that theory.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Problem resolved itself that afternoon....   I noticed that Ecommercebytes ran a story on it, too.  

I don't really mind an occasional Glitch if it is resolved quickly, but we sure seem to encounter a lot of them. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply