cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change feedback

Just now, I accidentally left positive feedback for a seller when I meant to leave negative feedback for the seller.

Apparently, Ebay in it's infinite wisdom, can change neg feedback to pos, but will NOT allow a pos feedback to neg. What the heck??? Apparently the truth is not allowed at Ebay. I'm trying to help my fellow Ebayers, but Ebay will not allow the change after my mistake to ensure that the truth remains HIDDEN.

Does this not completely anger anyone else????? Absolutely terrible.

Get a grip Ebay and teach your customer service reps how to do CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Can't change feedback

But it can be done.... 😉
Message 31 of 46
latest reply

@lmarty18 wrote:
My point, which is clearly lost amongst all you folks, is that if the feedback can be changed from neg to pos, Ebay clearly has the ability to change from pos to neg, but does not allow it.

I made a mistake--obviously--and since they can change from neg to pos, it can be edited and it can be done. It just isn't allowed.

What angers me is that it isn't allowed.

Our point which is clearly lost is that there is no option, nor should there be, and I would not be surprised if they can't because there is no reason for them to do so.  A neg  instead of a positive can have disasterous consequences for an innocent seller, so it makes sense that they would have the ability to change that; a positive instead of a neg really has no reason to be changed, and most buyers wouldn't even need that option, so there is no need for Ebay to put software in place to be able to do this.  I know you are angered that this isn't allowed.  But you know what they say, you can't always get what you want. 

Message 32 of 46
latest reply

@lmarty18 wrote:
Unfortunately errors happen, as with if someone posts negatively they can change it to a positive. We are human, and since the error happened, it should be able to be changed.

This isn't about me "Not taking personal responsibility" haha. This is about my opinion about the rule--which is my opinion. I never stated it was Ebay's fault--I stated that I didn't like the fact that I can't change the feedback.

It's really sad how so many of you can't understand an argument.

We understand.  We just don't agree, and I don't know why that is misunderstood.  

Good Luck to you.

Message 33 of 46
latest reply

I totally understand that you want to warn buyers, but that can't happen now.

Possibly Ebay feels that if it is important to warn others, the buyer will post the negative that does so.  

I totally understand that you are upset because they can't, but it is what it is.

Message 34 of 46
latest reply

@brynnsaprincess  Sadly the Feedback system is unbalanced because Sellers can ONLY leave positive FB for Buyers ... so if you want to be fair be angry about that.   In the same way you want to warn other Buyers about a Seller there are Sellers who want to warn against certain Buyers but don't even have a tool to do that with ... is that fair?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 35 of 46
latest reply

I agree--it isn't fair, but this thread was just about this specific issue. I was upset when Ebay changed the rule about sellers not being able to post negatively for buyers too.
Message 36 of 46
latest reply

This seller isn't innocent--that's the point. That's why the negative rating is available.
Message 37 of 46
latest reply

It's not misunderstood, you are just off track.
Message 38 of 46
latest reply

@brynnsaprincess

@lmarty18 wrote:
I agree--it isn't fair, but this thread was just about this specific issue. I was upset when Ebay changed the rule about sellers not being able to post negatively for buyers too.

Fair enough ... and I appreciate that.  While I am primarily a Seller I also Buy here (maybe you do too as you seem to "get it"), so I process FB in as fair a fashion as I can despite it being an unfair system.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 39 of 46
latest reply

The process of feedback revision is in place for the occasions when a buyer may have left a negative feedback because of a misunderstanding or before contacting the seller. If the seller subsequently fixes the issue, the buyer is then allowed to correct their rating.

***edit: this is directed to OP, clicked reply on the wrong post

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 40 of 46
latest reply

@lmarty18 wrote:
This seller isn't innocent--that's the point. That's why the negative rating is available.

To the point, I never said that YOUR seller was innocent.  I said that the option for Ebay to change a neg to a positive if there was a mistake is to protect AN innocent seller.  

I doubt Ebay has an option to turn a positive to a neg because they probalby expect that if the buyer is so upset and set on leaving a neg, they will be very careful to do so since they want to warn others and be sure that the seller get that neg.  Not saying that there is no reason to for them to have that option, but it's far easier to make a mistake and leave a neg instead of a positive, than for the opposite scenario, leaving a positive instead of a neg.

Message 41 of 46
latest reply

Pray enlighten me as to how I am off track.

Message 42 of 46
latest reply

@lmarty18 wrote:

I'd like to add, no, the negative rating, as you know, is NOT available because you posted a positive.

It was available BEFORE you posted that positive.

Message 43 of 46
latest reply

@nocoolnamejane wrote:

The process of feedback revision is in place for the occasions when a buyer may have left a negative feedback because of a misunderstanding or before contacting the seller. If the seller subsequently fixes the issue, the buyer is then allowed to correct their rating.

***edit: this is directed to OP, clicked reply on the wrong post

Ok, no worries!!

Message 44 of 46
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

Pray enlighten me as to how I am off track.

I believe you refer to my explaining the procedure as it is and not how you want it to be.  

Other posters have said that they are just very careful when posting feedback and they have no problems.  I'm sorry you did, but neither I nor Ebay can fix that mistake.

As I said earlier, you can't always get what you want.

Ebay doesn't change that and they tell you that before you post the feedback.

It is what it is.  

Message 45 of 46
latest reply