cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change feedback

Just now, I accidentally left positive feedback for a seller when I meant to leave negative feedback for the seller.

Apparently, Ebay in it's infinite wisdom, can change neg feedback to pos, but will NOT allow a pos feedback to neg. What the heck??? Apparently the truth is not allowed at Ebay. I'm trying to help my fellow Ebayers, but Ebay will not allow the change after my mistake to ensure that the truth remains HIDDEN.

Does this not completely anger anyone else????? Absolutely terrible.

Get a grip Ebay and teach your customer service reps how to do CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Can't change feedback

Unfortunately errors happen, as with if someone posts negatively they can change it to a positive.

Changing a negative to a positive is a win/win/win situation: the buyer's happy, the seller's happy  and eBay's happy.  So of course eBay is willing to allow that - but even then in pretty limited circumstances.

Changing a positive to a negative only makes the buyer happy: it ticks off the seller and creates another set of hassles for eBay.  It also opens up another avenue for abuse, wherein a shady buyer can extort a seller even after the fact, or one of the "who's first" feedbackers could change to a neg after the seller finally leaves feedback.  And finally, the ability to "correct" a positive feedback would undoubtedly increase the number of positives left in error.

Sorry your seller didn't get his just desserts this time, but I can see why eBay would balk at this.  If you left a Follow Up Comment, it might at least draw attention to your intended negative for a while. 

Good luck...

Message 46 of 46
latest reply