cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change feedback

Just now, I accidentally left positive feedback for a seller when I meant to leave negative feedback for the seller.

Apparently, Ebay in it's infinite wisdom, can change neg feedback to pos, but will NOT allow a pos feedback to neg. What the heck??? Apparently the truth is not allowed at Ebay. I'm trying to help my fellow Ebayers, but Ebay will not allow the change after my mistake to ensure that the truth remains HIDDEN.

Does this not completely anger anyone else????? Absolutely terrible.

Get a grip Ebay and teach your customer service reps how to do CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Can't change feedback

Apparently, Ebay in it's infinite wisdom, can change neg feedback to pos, but will NOT allow a pos feedback to neg.

That actually IS pretty wise of eBay.  It makes sense that a negative left prematurely or in error should be able to be corrected: the injured party isn't the one that made the error.  It makes no sense to let a buyer sandbag a seller with a neg after first leaving a positive.

Message 16 of 46
latest reply

This is simply not true. At least not without a lot of time and ongoing hassle re-explaining the obvious over and over. I've been with eBay as a mega-buyer for 18 years with nary a single negative feedback from anyone. Always used PayPal. Just received a 'fake' glued mineral listed in the high priced items from an overseas seller - I've gotten many great items from said sellers along with others from around the world - this was a one off and has left me jaded. Left positive feedback before discovering it was 'fake' - and that feedback can't be changed. Began the return process - received a 'weighed in my favor' from eBay high value (over $750 apparently) customer service. Have spoken with a half dozen agents - all agree I'm a great customer and proceed - to do nothing it appears - including instructions on what to do next (one said do nothing and everything would be OK). Haven't gotten a refund (yet) though the case is still pending after several weeks. $20 eventually showed up in my PayPal acct. from anonymous guy (it was the seller) without any messaging which was for the return - after I paid over $100 in shipping to receive and it can't be sent back for $20. Good that I keep calling high dollar customer service because now it's been weighed AGAINST me because he sent money for return shipping - though he's $52.44 off for 'basic' return shipping and didn't 'really' send full return shipping. It seems no one in Customer Service really knows or cares. An agent last night (#5 or 6??) told me he could refund me the difference because I'm a great customer though I received a following eBay message saying the guy sent postage and everything's OK - when it's not. I paid the additional shipping and sent it back today - and apparently my fate (and refund) is dependent on shipping and the guy saying he got it. Not very comforting.

All I can say is that as a seller's best friend and one who doesn't have problems buying - this is maddening and enough to make me consider leaving. There should be some caveat about not spending more than $749 or you might end up in the jaws of death. I don't have time for this and eBay's simplistic sounding rules aren't always so simple. Sellers should know this 'cause it's not good for them and customers aren't always a problem and is bad for business.

Message 17 of 46
latest reply

Yeah - it's easy - I won't leave any feedback ever again.
Message 18 of 46
latest reply

Nevermind.

Belle
Message 19 of 46
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@phanoto

The buyer is angered because they made a purchase error.

The seller does not deserve bad feedback for the "buyer's" actions. This is one situation where the eBay policy on changing feedback is a good thing.

@phanoto

and other readers:

Please disregard my post. My apologies.  Had a different buyer in my head.

Okay, but I just unkudoed your first post. You're allowed ONE mistake per thread. I've made TWO so far in this thread. Smiley LOL

Belle
Message 20 of 46
latest reply

If you are uncomfortable with the process, and wary of making a mistake, that is entirely your right.  Feedback is voluntary.

Message 21 of 46
latest reply

Obviously it was my mistake--my grievance is about Ebay's procedures. Clearly.
Message 22 of 46
latest reply

There wasn't a "purchase error" made. Haha.
Message 23 of 46
latest reply

I'm very happy that you're such a happy person.
Message 24 of 46
latest reply

My point, which is clearly lost amongst all you folks, is that if the feedback can be changed from neg to pos, Ebay clearly has the ability to change from pos to neg, but does not allow it.

I made a mistake--obviously--and since they can change from neg to pos, it can be edited and it can be done. It just isn't allowed.

What angers me is that it isn't allowed.
Message 25 of 46
latest reply

Unfortunately errors happen, as with if someone posts negatively they can change it to a positive. We are human, and since the error happened, it should be able to be changed.

This isn't about me "Not taking personal responsibility" haha. This is about my opinion about the rule--which is my opinion. I never stated it was Ebay's fault--I stated that I didn't like the fact that I can't change the feedback.

It's really sad how so many of you can't understand an argument.
Message 26 of 46
latest reply

Thanks Madison...SUPER helpful...haha
Message 27 of 46
latest reply

Yes, I can go that route, thank you. What's upsetting to me is that I can't help my fellow Ebayers by warning them about this seller and giving a negative rating. There should be circumstances where you can change the rating.
Message 28 of 46
latest reply

Yes....my mistake...got it!
Message 29 of 46
latest reply

@lmarty18 wrote:
My point, which is clearly lost amongst all you folks, is that if the feedback can be changed from neg to pos, Ebay clearly has the ability to change from pos to neg, but does not allow it.

I made a mistake--obviously--and since they can change from neg to pos, it can be edited and it can be done. It just isn't allowed.

What angers me is that it isn't allowed.

That's actually not correct. A buyer cannot change a feedback from negative to positive. The seller has to initiate a feedback revision request that the buyer can act on or not. The buyer can't revise it on his own. 

Message 30 of 46
latest reply