cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying Allstate warrenty on an offer

I apologize if this info can be found somewhere, I spent 30 min looking and couldn’t find it. 

i want to accept an offer for an item a seller has sent me, but I also want to buy the Allstate warranty since it’s an expensive item. I don’t get the option to add it when accepting an offer, only when you use the buy it now option. Is there a way to add this before accepting the offer?

I do see that you can add it after, but when I look it’s like 3x the price on the square trade website. If there’s not a way to add it to an offer is there a way to get the lower price offered by eBay after the fact? 

thanks in advance for your help! 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Buying Allstate warrenty on an offer

The "offer" is for the item only.

Offers are not for 3rd party warranties or shipping discounts.

eBay is not the seller and can not make the seller lower prices after the fact.

You can message the seller and let the seller know that you would like to accept the offer but want the Allstate warranty too SO would they please lower the price on the listing for the item so you can buy it all together.

The seller should then be able to go in and cancel the item. Make the price change on the item. Relist the item and send you the item # so you can buy the new revised item.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Allstate warranties are useless when buying from a 3rd party on Ebay< Don't buy it!!

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Could you explain why you believe this? Im honestly wondering because if it’s a waste of money I obviously don’t want to get the warranty. I thought that it covered it even with a 3rd party seller, but I could definitely be wrong.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@randallmorefield wrote:

Allstate warranties are useless when buying from a 3rd party on Ebay< Don't buy it!!

Never ever bought one thru eBay for anything. I dont know how those warranties work but that was my exact thought as well. 

Posting ID
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Hi, I have seen too many threads on hear about Allstate warranties and they all were rejected. Good luck Melinda<

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Allstate SquareTrade warranties exist because manufacturer's warranties seldom apply to third-party sellers. So they definitely apply to items from eBay sellers. The problem is that SquareTrade has a horrible reputation for paying out claims. A quick Google search will give you an idea of the scores of unhappy people. So were it me I'd pay for the purchase and forget about the warranty.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@randallmorefield wrote:

Absolutely, I wouldn't trust anything that carries the Allstate name... 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

My refurbished Jabra 85ts just stopped charging about a week before the 2 year AllState warranty would expire.  Filed a claim and I was given the option to take a payout for the full amount I paid (they do it via a prepaid credit card).  I can't speak to other people's experiences with warranty claims, but mine was easy.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Find a similar item for that particular price bracket in same condition

Add it to cart

Save for later that warranty

Remove similar item

Add the offer item

Add saved warranty

Note: if your item is on the same price bracket after the offer just do the steps above with the same listing by selecting Buy Another.

That's the only workaround since eBay nor Allstate could help me.

Hope it helps.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply