cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blind Dropshipping

Hi,

I would like to ask if it is possible to buy items on eBay and tell the seller to blindly dropship to other persons in other countries. I have lots of items to buy, but I want the items to be blindly dropshipped to other persons in other countries. Of course, I will pay and send the details i.e. the names with their addresses. I am torn between clicking or not the Add to Cart button, the items might be sent to me, in my address and I might not get options to edit and input the names and places where I want the items to be sent to.

Please help. 

Thanks,

Maria ♡

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Blind Dropshipping

wrote:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts in reply.

This is my follow up question:. 

How would you handle complaints for lost or undelivered items?  Returns for damaged items, or a different item shipped?  You may need a US address, or be forced to pay return shipping to your country.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 16 of 41
latest reply

Blind Dropshipping

wrote:
JEN you are not following. Mad wants to BUY from random sellers and have them send the item to random people around the world. Mad isn't SELLING.

We know that.  We see both sides of it here and how it so often fails.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 17 of 41
latest reply

Blind Dropshipping

wrote:
JEN you are not following. Mad wants to BUY from random sellers and have them send the item to random people around the world. Mad isn't SELLING.

We know that. She’s still dropshipping. and she’s asking for trouble. She’s still going to be responsible for what her buyers receive and don’t receive. She’s using eBay sellers to dropship for her. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 18 of 41
latest reply

Blind Dropshipping

wrote:

But as far as eBay is concerned, the OP is selling. When you dropship, you're the seller of record. That's precisely why dropshipping is such a risky strategy. There's so much that you can't directly control, and yet it's your responsibility when something goes wrong.

I'm not sure why that's hard to understand.

There is (or at least was) a company based in Los Angeles that acted as a buying service on eBay for customers abroad, mostly in East Asia, I think. But they were the buyer of record, and they had you ship to their office in Los Angeles. It was a much less risky model because they could inspect the items themselves and control how they were shipped overseas.

Message 19 of 41
latest reply

Blind Dropshipping

Yes, I am not selling. I randomly pick awesome, yet cheap items on eBay and posting them on a marketplace and running an auction. I'm glad my customers get to run after those items. Now that I have winners, I thought, I could buy those items on eBay and have the seller directly dropship those items to the winners of my auctions. That is why I'm here, asking how the right process is, or is there any way this could be carried out in a smooth transactions?

Message 20 of 41
latest reply

Blind Dropshipping

Thanks for bringing this issue. I appreciate it. The items I listed in my auctions in other marketplace are mostly earrings, only a few are gadgets. I suppose the dropshipper should pack the items well and honest enough to send the right items.
Message 21 of 41
latest reply

Blind Dropshipping

Oh, thank you. This answers my question. I'm glad to know that this is possible. 

wrote:

wrote:
Most of the time they only ship to verified mailing addresses to prevent fraud. They would likely need to ship to you and then you reship.

Incorrect. Most seller ship to the address on the buyers payment whether the address is verified or not. A verified address is irrelevant and doesn’t give the seller any added protection. It has been many years since an address had to be verified in order to have seller protection.

Message 22 of 41
latest reply

Blind Dropshipping

I had included "free international shipping" in my preference before choosing and posting the items. 

Message 23 of 41
latest reply

Blind Dropshipping

wrote:

I had included "free international shipping" in my preference before choosing and posting the items. 

But when you go to buy from an eBay seller, your primary address in Saudi Arabia may be an issue. Also some sellers have blocked foreign PayPal payments so that is just something to think about here, it’s going to hard to use eBay sellers as you drop shippers.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 24 of 41
latest reply

Blind Dropshipping

I have just ordered 2 items. I'll order more after these two are processed well. Thank you very much. Your answers are of great help.  More blessings to us all...

Message 25 of 41
latest reply

Blind Dropshipping

wrote:

Yes, I am not selling. I randomly pick awesome, yet cheap items on eBay and posting them on a marketplace and running an auction. I'm glad my customers get to run after those items. Now that I have winners, I thought, I could buy those items on eBay and have the seller directly dropship those items to the winners of my auctions. That is why I'm here, asking how the right process is, or is there any way this could be carried out in a smooth transactions?

There is no way to make the process run 100% smoothly.

You are better off buying the items first, shipping them to yourself, and then reselling them.

Otherwise you're going to have unhappy customers when items don't arrive, are broken, aren't the right item ect.

Message 26 of 41
latest reply

Blind Dropshipping

I ordered a scarf and a belt. I hope they will be processed well and good.  I still have many small items to buy. Much as I want to follow your suggestion, the shipping fee both in the Philippines and in Saudi Arabia are too extortionate to venture into. Thanks for taking time to reply. Your efforts are appreciated.

Message 27 of 41
latest reply

Blind Dropshipping

Well don't be surprised when it blows up in your face
Message 28 of 41
latest reply

Blind Dropshipping

“But as far as eBay is concerned, the OP is selling. When you dropship, you're the seller of record.”

As I read it, OP is buying things on eBay to fill orders they get elsewhere. In that case, OP is not the seller of record on eBay.

Message 29 of 41
latest reply

Blind Dropshipping

if i understand correctly: they are BUYING here and having the seller ship direct. not sure if they are selling here or elsewhere. 

Message 30 of 41
latest reply