cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blind Dropshipping

Hi,

I would like to ask if it is possible to buy items on eBay and tell the seller to blindly dropship to other persons in other countries. I have lots of items to buy, but I want the items to be blindly dropshipped to other persons in other countries. Of course, I will pay and send the details i.e. the names with their addresses. I am torn between clicking or not the Add to Cart button, the items might be sent to me, in my address and I might not get options to edit and input the names and places where I want the items to be sent to.

Please help. 

Thanks,

Maria ♡

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Blind Dropshipping

this also creates an issue with timing. if they buy it, the original seller is holding it until resold. if already sold, what happens when they dont win auction? 

Message 31 of 41
latest reply

wrote:
 I suppose the dropshipper should pack the items well and honest enough to send the right items.

Are you familiar with the expression, "Those are famous last words"?

When you're shopping on eBay — even when you're shopping for yourself, much less for someone else without ever handling what you're buying — it is exceedingly dangerous to "suppose." We always tell buyers to take nothing for granted, assume nothing.

Message 32 of 41
latest reply

wrote:

“But as far as eBay is concerned, the OP is selling. When you dropship, you're the seller of record.”

As I read it, OP is buying things on eBay to fill orders they get elsewhere. In that case, OP is not the seller of record on eBay.

Caught that after I posted. Whatever this other venue is, I hope for her sake that it's a lot more forgiving than eBay. She's going to need all the slack she can get.

Message 33 of 41
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:
JEN you are not following. Mad wants to BUY from random sellers and have them send the item to random people around the world. Mad isn't SELLING.

We know that. She’s still dropshipping. and she’s asking for trouble. She’s still going to be responsible for what her buyers receive and don’t receive. She’s using eBay sellers to dropship for her. 

The only one that's gonna be in trouble is the original seller not her or her buyers.

Message 34 of 41
latest reply

No she will be in trouble too when her buyers on the other venue start using whatever protections they have there for not as described and not received.

Message 35 of 41
latest reply

wrote:
JEN you are not following. Mad wants to BUY from random sellers and have them send the item to random people around the world. Mad isn't SELLING.

With all due respect, JEN is absolutely following.  OP admitted he is buying to sell.

From OP's earlier post:  I don't want to receive the item. I want the item to be directly sent to my customer, like the dropshipping process.

Message 36 of 41
latest reply

wrote:

Yes, I am not selling. I randomly pick awesome, yet cheap items on eBay and posting them on a marketplace and running an auction. I'm glad my customers get to run after those items. Now that I have winners, I thought, I could buy those items on eBay and have the seller directly dropship those items to the winners of my auctions. That is why I'm here, asking how the right process is, or is there any way this could be carried out in a smooth transactions?

Please clarify.  You say you are not selling but you are running auctions on a marketplace.  Are your items free for winners of those auctions, perchance?

If they are not, then you are selling, and whether here or elsewhere, there can be consequences for that.

Message 37 of 41
latest reply

wrote:
No she will be in trouble too when her buyers on the other venue start using whatever protections they have there for not as described and not received.

Absolutely!

Message 38 of 41
latest reply

wrote:

I had included "free international shipping" in my preference before choosing and posting the items. 

In what preference? Are you setting up auctions for another sellers item(s), and stating free international shipping? How could that possibly work?

Message 39 of 41
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

I had included "free international shipping" in my preference before choosing and posting the items. 

In what preference? Are you setting up auctions for another sellers item(s), and stating free international shipping? How could that possibly work?

I think she’s listing the items on eBay and then when she gets a sale, she uses an eBay ssller as her dropshipper—ahe buys the item from the eBay seller & has it shipped directly to her buyer. I’m not 100% sure though. She may be selling items on another website/venue & using ebay sellers to dropship.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 40 of 41
latest reply

If I understand what you are saying, it is neither 'blind' nor dropshipping.

It's not blind, because you are giving them the address they will ship to.

The only problem is that if the seller does not ship to that country, she can cancel the transaction as 'problem with address'.

You have two tasks for such transactions'

•  Make sure BEFORE BIDDING that the seller ships to the address.
  • Put the address into your Paypal account as a 'gift address'. This is quite common and generally accepted. The seller cannot print a shipping label unless the address is in Paypal

Nor is it dropshipping.

Dropshipping means the eBay seller is taking orders, sending them to a supplier who then ships to the customer.

Most experienced sellers warn newbies that this is a fast way to end your selling career on eBay.

Every error in description, packaging and shipping will be blamed on the seller, not on the supplier.

Or is your idea to use eBay seller's listings and advertise on other sites (perhaps even on eBay) using the eBayer as the supplier and yourself as the reseller.

What do you plan to do if there is a problem?

Many eBay sellers include a packing slip (with their price) and /or a price list for their customers.

How will your customers react when they see you bought their purchase from elsewhere at a lower price that was also available to them?

There are several dozen threads here with titles like "EBay purchase shipped by WalMart/Amazon/LL Bean" . None of the posting buyers are happy.

Message 41 of 41
latest reply