cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication

My item has been at Authenticator for over a week  now and has not been authenticated yet.  Policy says that item  will  take 2 days at authenticator's before it is sent to purchaser!!   I am  at  the  point that I no longer want  to purchase  from ebay  because  of  authentication.  Tired of waiting  for  who knows how long.   Items should be  authenticated  before seller likst on ebay  or  seller should include valid one of their own.   So frustrated!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Authentication

That program does add a layer of delays and mix ups.  If it were authenticated before seller listed it, they would have to store and ship it.  If it was sent back to the seller to ship, how would they know it was the same one?

And some people want authentication for even more items.   At least your item is only late. Some receive a different item or it's lost, they do get a refund.  There have been a few that received two different shoes in the process. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Authentication

Have you written to your seller about it?  I don't know if the seller has been paid yet or not -hey @simba6 do you know if sellers get their cut as soon as usual, or is it on Hold until authentication is completed?  But the fact is, you have paid, so you have a right to turn to the seller for help.  Don't just ask if they know what's wrong; I guarantee they don't unless they are really proactive and have been watching the progress and tried to get answers already.  But the onus is definitely on them to seek those answers, same as if your package appeared lost in the mail.  Don't be rude, simply ask, "Would you please contact eBay about why my item has been at the authenticator's facility for so long?"  If they just reply something about how it can take longer sometimes, okay still don't get rude, but something like, "I could understand an extra day or two, but it has been a whole week.  I would appreciate it if you contact them and share their response with me, please."  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Authentication

Don't know, never used it.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply