cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Fake Forever Stamps being sold widespread on Ebay?

I've recently been seeing large amounts of Forever Stamps being sold on Ebay for a 1/4 or less of current face value .

All seem to be coming from the same area in California.Ebay  and postal inspectors may want to look into this.

If this is what I suspect,there is millions of dollars involved.I have ordered two rolls to view stamps for myself.

Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Re: Are Fake Forever Stamps being sold widespread on Ebay?

I would trust these stamps with the same faith I'd put in sushi I'd purchased a week ago at a gas station and left in the back of my broken fridge...

Message 61 of 62
latest reply

Re: Are Fake Forever Stamps being sold widespread on Ebay?

Well, anytime items are being sole well below value they become suspect. 

I sell postage as part of my stock.

I would like to remind buyers that mint, never used, postage makes up a large part of philatelic estates. When we were actively buying (now retired and closed our shop) we often found large quantities of postage, sold by the Philatelic Fulfillment Centres of USPS and Canada Post, often still in the original, never opened envelopes.

We don't sell Canadian postage on eBay anymore for lack of supply, but we still put together the occasional package of US stamps.

And you will see similar postage lots from many sellers.

The difference is that those dealers will not be selling multiple rolls (or sheets) of the same stamps.

Same denomination bundled, yes.

The USPS has not demonetized any stamp since your Civil War, and the Dominion of Canada has never demonetized any stamps at all. In fact we can still use the stamps of the Colony of Newfoundland which only joined Confederation in 1949.

Message 62 of 62
latest reply