cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to sort sellers items for sale has disappeared

When clicking on view items for sale there used to be a column on the left of the page which showed the categories of the items for sale and other sorting options. This has disappeared. Anyone else experiencing this?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@fjbet13,

There have been a few topics about some of the sorting features being removed from the left column on search results pages. However, none of the people writing about the issue have said if this is happening while using a computer or a portable device and the app, which could make a difference.  If you are not seeing the filter column at all maybe you have increased your page size past what your device's screen displays unless you use a slide at the bottom of the screen.

I was doing a lot of searching last night on my computer, and didn't notice the category filter options not being on some of the seller's pages. I do know from past experience that some sellers do not fill in the category filters. Mostly ones who do not have stores.

If ebay has deleted some of the filters, they have not mentioned it in any announcements I have read, but that is not unusual.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I use a table top computer and have this problem too. The fact I can't search what the seller has sold doesn't bother me too much, but I highly miss the availability to the categories. The Collectibles I buy are listed in a lot of different areas. If a seller has a massive list of items I know I'll be missing some that I don't specifically know to search for. Highly irritating. I hope it's fixed soon.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@fjbet13 

It is a known problem that Ebay is aware of.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Does anyone know when the Ability to sort sellers items for sale will be put back?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

The fact I can't search what the seller has sold doesn't bother me too much, but I highly miss the availability to the categories.

As a quick workaround, from the seller's "items for sale" page that lacks those filter options, click on the seller username (or store name) at the top in the header to get to either the store page (if the seller has a store) or a profile page. From there there should be a "Categories" button at the top left to see some basic eBay categories.

To get to the old page with all the filter options, the workaround involves going to the Advanced Search and searching by seller username (not store name) to get a page like this:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fss=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=dj414&LH_SpecificSeller=1

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Does anyone know when the Ability to sort sellers items for sale will be put back?

Only eBay knows for sure when a fix might be ready, but if I had to guess, I would say that the problem will either be addressed in the next two days, or else it will take much longer.

If the problem is still occurring on Friday morning after the Thursday planned update, and a shift-refresh does not help at that point to ensure you are seeing the latest version of the page, that would be a very bad sign.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@eburtonlab @fjbet13 @corsairmodified @mm4ever @mudshark61369 

It's back for me!! 😁

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Yes, it is back for me now too. I notice they still have sold listings there too so it looks like they just reinstated the program. I hope no other errors show up when the remove that feature as previously stated they would.

Please Ebay just leave it be.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@*lady*madonna*,

I've been half expecting glitches to start showing up ever since ebay announced had let go of 9% of their workforce. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 11 of 11
latest reply