cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019-S Silver Eagle Enhanced Reverse Proof

The Release of the highly anticipated coin from the U.S. Mint Has been abused by a LARGE quantity of sellers on Ebay. I won several auctions for this coin and shortly after that as demand and prices increased the sellers after receiving your payment E-mail you and say their was an error in the order and the coin and they are working with the mint.Then you see the item  was Re-listed or sold for a higher amount. So not only did the seller not hold up their end of the deal,now you have to deal with trying to get your money back. The sellers should be held to the same accounts as the buyers, when you list something and it sells and you collect the money then that should be a binding contract plain and simple..This is pure Greed by the sellers..Not FAIR...

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Just as Ebay cant force deadbeat buyers to pay, they cant force sellers to sell. Depending on what option the sellers use to cancel, they would receive a defect.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 49
latest reply

I paid $499 for this coin on Ebay the day it was released. Yesterday, the seller messaged me and wrote that the mint had cancelled his order, and he was refunding my money. I checked the listing page for the coins, and, sure enough, they were now selling for around $1000! Smelling a rat, I messaged the seller and requested that he send me a screenshot of the cancellation notice from the mint. A bit later, he sent me a cropped, clearly doctored, shot with only the heading of 'The U.S. Mint', with the words, 'cancellation notice', beneath, and a timestamp, (no date). There was no product description, item number, reason for cancellation, or any other information, whatsoever! I messaged him back to tell him that what he sent was meaningless. He replied that he didn't want to send any 'sensitive' information. I told him to enjoy his extra few hundred bucks, and that I hoped it was worth the loss of his integrity. Now, because of that GREEDY **bleep**, I will have to pay $1000 for this coin, which I cannot afford, or hope for the market to settle downward, which seems highly unlikely. I contacted Ebay support, and they were sympathetic, but unable to help. It seems to me that this may be some type of mail fraud, but, since my money was refunded, I don't think I can claim to be a victim. I couldn't even leave the guy negative feedback, because once he cancelled the order, the feedback option was gone! This is a classic example of bad behavior being rewarded - and it stinks!

Message 3 of 49
latest reply

@eclectic64beer, @unclebuff111 ,

If neither of your sellers asked you to cancel the orders they should have received a defect on their accounts, if they have done this to several buyers they may be sanctioned or maybe lose their selling privileges all together.  They should still had to pay the final value fees to ebay, and PayPal did not credit the fees they charged the sellers for the original transactions either, so they had some financial loss.

If you go to your Orders page, to the right of the item title should be a more actions drop down menu, it should include a leave feedback button.   If not try the link below and enter the seller's username to the box.

http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/feedback.html

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 49
latest reply

@mudshark61369 wrote:

@eclectic64beer, @unclebuff111 ,

If neither of your sellers asked you to cancel the orders they should have received a defect on their accounts,

As well as lose their 2.9% Paypal fee as mentioned in another post. $15 on a $500 coin adds up if they do it frequently. 

Message 5 of 49
latest reply

Same happened to me with same item, so I bought off another seller with a guaranteed delivery date and over night shipping which was 5 days ago at a much higher price. Now seller is telling me that he'll ship it when he gets it, but now ppl are showing item in hand with pics at a even higher price, and i'll receive it next week now ( yeah right ) We are fools to think ebay will do anything about this abuse because its all about the commission that ebay makes off higher sales, screw the little guy. I complained to customer service that this isn't what the founders of this platform ment this site to be like lying, cheating, deception, dishonesty, GREED but im sure that fell on deaf ears.
Thanks for your post so I could vent
To all the sellers out there, DONT list an item to buy if you don't intend on selling it !
I'm sure there's a few choice words about this kind of behavior.
As to the deadbeat buyers comment don't sell to ppl unless they have a paypal account which protects the buyers and the sellers...
Message 6 of 49
latest reply

What's so special about these coins that people are paying over $1000 for $17 worth of silver?

Message 7 of 49
latest reply

@atikovi wrote:

What's so special about these coins that people are paying over $1000 for $17 worth of silver?

They're "collectors items" and a "Limited" amount were released.

Message 8 of 49
latest reply

@atikovi,

depending on the cancellation reason the sellers may not get the FVFs refunded either $49.90 on a $499 coin. Maybe that wouldn't matter too much to them if they are able to get an additional $500 per coin. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 9 of 49
latest reply

@regcharl_0 wrote:

@atikovi wrote:

They're "collectors items" and a "Limited" amount were released.

They are from this year, how collectable could they be? 

Message 10 of 49
latest reply

It all comes down to GREED And can you really blame them?.Somehow they purchased a coin for $65 and have the option to make 20 times that, so I was able to get 1 coin at $500 and 1 at $1000. So I will hang on to them for awhile and see what the market does an maybe sell 1 down the road. I think the way this was handled before the Release was not the best way. They had a early release at the Baltimore coin show,Then the People Who are enrolled in the Silver eagle program had 1st dibs, then the rest of us..This was my 1st dealing with the mint and I thought that 1 per household was a good chance to get 1. But I see people selling with up to 10-20 listings, I just don't get it...At least We got a coin or to for our troubles..I think the price will continue to climb..Good luck!!!..JEFF

Message 11 of 49
latest reply

Your right,Greed played a BIG part in our issues. So should we be mad at them? Yes and no. If you win an auction on ebay Which before you purchase you have to click the button COMMIT TO BUY making this a binding contract on your behalf anyways. But truly there is no such thing as a contract on Ebay. Sellers and buyers can return an item or cancel at will. So If you bought a coin for $65 and sold it for $500, then saw that you could sell it for $1200 well what would you do LOL Just the luck of the draw and hope you get someone who is not Too GREEDY....

Message 12 of 49
latest reply

I agree,No way to stop it from happening..I got mine so now I don't have to worry anymore.LOL
Message 13 of 49
latest reply

I like the Dealers who are listing the GRADED coins too.How did the get SO MANY and how can the guarantee 70's LMAO.. SO your $ is out there and if they don't get that grade then they send your $ back..What a crock...Buyer Beware! You should get 1 ASAP.the prices are going through the roof. The 1 that I paid $1000 for is on it's way Shipping number and tracking. The one I paid $550 for was a confirmed seller and he said he should be receiving the item (the mint email said by next tues).GOOD LUCK!!JEFF
Message 14 of 49
latest reply

There is such a FRENZY on these right now no one will care about FEEDBACK or neg. comments,At least we will get our $ back, thats the only positive about Ebay..Good luck and Tks for the comment...JEFF
Message 15 of 49
latest reply