cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

♦️♦️ TIP 4 BUYERS ♦️♦️

📢ATTENTION BUYERS 📢

BE SURE TO SCREEN CAPTURE YOUR ORDERS IMMEDIATELY AFTER PURCHASE!!

There's a VERY real chance that your ORDERS #'s, costs, status, etc. could CHANGE or be ALTERED, lost, misplaced, forgotten, deleted, etc. Be it accidental or otherwise it's in your best interests to keep your own PROOF.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: ♦️♦️ TIP 4 BUYERS ♦️♦️

The seller can't change anything on the order details after you win.  

The seller can however cancel the transaction and if they do you get a refund so what is a screen shot going to prove? Especially since a screen shot is incredibly easy to fake. If there's a problem and you can't find the item and the seller didn't  cancel the transaction then you probably paid as a guest. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

A good contingency plan. I do it.  Because you just never know. 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

The seller can't change anything on the order details after you win.  

The seller can however cancel the transaction and if they do you get a refund so what is a screen shot going to prove? Especially since a screen shot is incredibly easy to fake. If there's a problem and you can't find the item and the seller didn't  cancel the transaction then you probably paid as a guest. 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@saint_dlee 

There is no need to do a screen capture. Buyers have the Ebay Money Back Guarantee to help if anything goes wrong with the transaction...such as item not received or not as described.

Ebay has a record of  transactions that includes all the pertinent details of a buyer's purchase, which cannot be changed or altered.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

A seller can NOT alter a listing once it's sold.  They can however , send you the wrong item by mistake or on purpose  if the seller has multiples of the item.   If you see a price change, a change in the shipping, that is a new listing for the same identical item. Sometimes, sellers have multiple items and keep reusing the same photo. So if you click that  , you will be see his latest listing, not the one that you won. 

If you go to MY Ebay, check purchases, there you will see the exact listing that you bid on.  Learn to use MY EBAY.  It's probably the best feature of ebay.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Sorry. I have seen otherwise. Besides, there's nothing wrong with having peace of mind.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I didn't specify the seller. 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Exactly

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

If eBay can lose reports, which they have, there's really no valid arguement against buyers being careful, l mean things happen, I know first hand. I can always provide an example if necessary for you to believe me. I'm just here to help. 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Sadly I never said seller. And you'd be surprised what can happen to transactions.

Also, you are 100% correct about faking screen captures. But when all forms of communications

Are involved, screen captures can show patterns if necessary. Just like how lie detectors are used in investigations , they're not accepted in court, but they help.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

There is no harm in a poster putting up a tip that they think will help. And there is no harm in deciding to not use that tip.  Fair?

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I will add, I work in a business where liability flies like snow in a blizzard. So I've developed the habit of documenting everything.  Its ha habit that has never failed me once.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@spark-chaser1 wrote:

There is no harm in a poster putting up a tip that they think will help. And there is no harm in deciding to not use that tip.  Fair?

Hi @spark-chaser1 

True.  But this OP did more than post a tip.  They sounded an ALARM.

[Note the bolded, allCaps, 1st paragraph … with megaphone icons and multiple apostrophes.]

I believe it was important for the experienced responders to point out (especially to newbie readers) that not everything stated by the obviously well-meaning OP was factual.  🙂

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Good point, and point taken.

I guess what I am trying to say is that not everyone's mileage will be the same. It goes without saying ( but I'm saying...lol) anyone coming to this forum needs to use what they read as a minimum guideline, NOT gospel.

Ultimately, they need to also do their own research and reach their own conclusions.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply