cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINISHED Reading Harry Potter?

Note: If this thread gets off the ground, there are likely to be SPOILERS in here so don't read if you don't want to know what happened in the book!

Well, I stayed up until 1:30 a.m. last night to finish Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - it was so good!

Anyone else finished with it yet...??? what did you think?!

I'm glad it didn't have quite the unfinished ending as Book IV, now waiting for the next book won't be quite so annoying... but I know it will be a l-o-n-g wait!

Anyway... what are your thoughts on it???

It could be that the purpose of your life is merely to serve as a warning to others.
Message 1 of 9,493
latest reply
9,492 REPLIES 9,492

Re: FINISHED Reading Harry Potter?

this just hit me, it's cooled off with this rain (down to like 55°) and so my hands should be screaming bloody murder...and they're...not...no really...they were achey this am, but that's fairly normal...

I don't know if the glucosimne/chodroitn or the fact that i've eliminated 99.9% of the fake sugar in my diet...I quit my daily can o dt. mt. dew

hmmmmmmmmmm

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 8821 of 9,493
latest reply

Fredi, I'd bet it's the fake sugar that was giving you most of the problems.  Taking the glucosomine doesn't hurt, though.

Message 8822 of 9,493
latest reply

D~ I'm wondering that too, but I'm just gonna keep doing what i'm doing, lol. I do miss my dt mt dew sometimes tho 😞 lol.

Its still chilly here...I mean it's June 1 and I've got a hoodie on!!! I'm not really complaining! 🙂 I love this kind of weather!

Citywide yardsales in our favorite town tomorrow, not sure if i'm going tho. I'm worn out and all stuffy and snotty and sneezey, so we'll see. I really would only be looking for a blender, a shower cutrain rod and blue jean shorts for myself, so it seems silly to go all morning and half the afternoon for just those things. plus I could sleep in!!! LOL

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 8823 of 9,493
latest reply

Fredi,

Buy long jeans that fit your but and waist, and cut off the legs (and use the legs for more quilts).  😉

Friday.  A short week Friday even.  I can not get moving.  I got up really early, did a mountain of dishes (same mountain I did yesterday morning, and the morning before that, and the morning before that.....) and then I went out with the weed killer while there's no wind, and blasted away!

Ok, I have a fish question.  A few weeks ago I bought 5 fancy guppies (on sale for $1 each down from close to $5).  I had 3 females and 2 males.  Over the last 3 days, ALL THREE females have died, one after the other.  The males are all fine.  Today, I realize there are dozens of teeny tiny guppy babies hiding in the bushes.  My question is, do female guppies die after they give birth???  I don't get it.  But I'm glad there are babies and none of the other fish seem to be eating them (they are very tiny).

Oscar's old small tank is full of small, fun fish.  And as far as I can tell, not one of them is psychotic!

OK, I've got to get ready to get ready for werk.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Tonks

TONKS

Message 8824 of 9,493
latest reply

If they were marked down fish, they might have been old / stressed / neglected anyway.

If you type in "guppy die" you'll get tons of answers.  It's a common problem.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_would_the_female_guppies_keep_dying_after_giving_birth

Message 8825 of 9,493
latest reply

Thanks D!  I test the amonia and regulate it so it's not that (I'm always adding a drop of this, or a drop of that, just like the HBP!).

I did have 2 males to 3 females and have the babies in the tank now with the 2 males. The males are both perfectly happy and healthy looking.  Murderers.  X-(

I'll pull the males out and put them in the smaller tank I think until the babies get a chance to grow up.

The babies are really teeny tiny, way smaller than a grain of rice.  I didn't see them for several days after I fished the momma's out.  The molly and platty babies I've had are lots bigger than these guys.  I think all three of the females must have had babies at the same time.

TONKS

Message 8826 of 9,493
latest reply

Perhaps it's a reverse Black Widow thing... the male guppies scare the poo-mess out of the females after they give birth...?  There's a killer in your fish bowl!! 😮

LOVE the Voldemort Eyes - and the "scaly snake"-looking skin fabric around them. 🙂

We are in the middle of a backyard remodel... putting in a screened-in porch over our existing patio, adding new outdoor patio space, and adding a 30'x30' basketball court.  My quest for a backyard completely made of concrete is almost complete... LOL!!  Unfortunately it rained here today... making for LARGE mud-holes all over our backyard... I have to really watch where Mick goes out to the bathroom or I'll have one filthy dog!  Here are some pics from the beginning through concrete-pouring...

Digging out the Basketball Court

Side Patio

Framing the Basketball Court

Pouring Concrete

Smoothing the Patio

Finished Concrete for Basketball Court

It will be awesome when it is done... but the overall backyard is a mess right now! 🙂

Message 8827 of 9,493
latest reply

I just finished the last block of the 7th year!!!!

I'm going to go back in this thread and see where I posted that Unicorn block, that's when I started these.

Now I have the Hogwarts Crest, the 4 House Crests and Harry hisself for the 8th (first) tower.

Then the only other piecing is the "Harry Potter" at the top.  I'm not putting "At Hogwarts" cause I think that's lame.  LOL!

OK, here are the bins of many colored fabrics I'm used for these.

And here is YEAR 1

TONKS

Message 8828 of 9,493
latest reply

YEAR 2

YEAR 3

TONKS

Message 8829 of 9,493
latest reply

ok if you click on the paperclip you can open the year 2.

YEAR 4

YEAR 5

TONKS

Message 8830 of 9,493
latest reply

YEAR 6

YEAR 7

TONKS

Message 8831 of 9,493
latest reply

I  LOVE  YOUR  QUILT,  TONKS!!!!!

YOU are the asesome-est!! 🙂

Do you have the original link with the instructions for that?  I wanted to show it to my Mom.  She was intrigued.  How big will it be when you are done? - A wall hanging?  Or for a bed or blanket?

Message 8832 of 9,493
latest reply

Mags, this MONSTER is going to be between Queen and King size!  All those blocks are 5 1/2 inch square before the 1 inch borders are added.

I ended with the lightning scar because that's what J.K. ended it with.  😉  I did not put in all the same blocks the original artist put in, I used about 30 of her's and the rest were from other people or her Bookcase site.

I'm starting the Hogwarts Crest this weekend.  It goes on the 8th (first) castle tower with the other 4 crests, and the Harry in the doorway.

Here are the links to the castle site with all patterns and instructions, and the Bookcase site (my next project) with a lot of other peoples HP blocks and patterns.

I LOVE PAPER PIECING!!!!

Castle:

http://home.comcast.net/~owlsea/

Bookcase, with lots of extra fun blocks:

http://www.fandominstitches.com/2011/08/project-of-doom-archive.html

TONKS

Message 8833 of 9,493
latest reply

Wow tonks, you're just cranking along!

mags, the backyard looks like a wonderful work-in-progress. Kids and I tackled some big projects like that and when we were done it was soooo totally worth it.

Hi everybody, I am still alive and well.

Message 8834 of 9,493
latest reply

I'm glad you are still with us!

I've got the Hogwarts' Crest done, as well as the Gryffindor Banner and the Ravenclaw Banner done.  The crest and banners are the first pieces that use the castle bricks (except for Sirius in the fire).  I sure hope I bought enough of that fabric.

Spent 90% if the weekend in #1 Son's pool with dozens of screaming splashing kids.  It was pure heaven!  I taught a couple of kids how to dive for stuff (we had some bright little weights).  Pool is only 3 feet to 5 feet deep but it's big and lots of fun.  It's good for hubby to swim and he loves the kids.  One little boy (maybe a year old) tonight kept screaming his head off and his parents could not get him to stop.  Hubby started making faces at him and the baby reached for hubby and for about an hour after that they played in the water like best friends.  When hubby handed him back he started screaming again!!!!  I think they had splashed him or something.  They ended up taking him out of the water and giving him a bottle.

I'm worn out, just waiting for the watering to finish so I can go to bed.

'night!

Tonks

TONKS

Message 8835 of 9,493
latest reply