cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINISHED Reading Harry Potter?

Note: If this thread gets off the ground, there are likely to be SPOILERS in here so don't read if you don't want to know what happened in the book!

Well, I stayed up until 1:30 a.m. last night to finish Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - it was so good!

Anyone else finished with it yet...??? what did you think?!

I'm glad it didn't have quite the unfinished ending as Book IV, now waiting for the next book won't be quite so annoying... but I know it will be a l-o-n-g wait!

Anyway... what are your thoughts on it???

It could be that the purpose of your life is merely to serve as a warning to others.
Message 1 of 9,493
latest reply
9,492 REPLIES 9,492

Re: FINISHED Reading Harry Potter?

I like watching TV on the computer, lol.

I used to have netfilx, but got rid of it because hubby wanted cable. We got cable becuase the internet I had wasn't fast enoug for the blu ray player to play netflix, it would only play on the computer.

So we were either going to take the blu ray player back or speed up the net. The company I had didn't offer anything faster, so we were stuck going somewhere else. The cable co had a good net package and cable was only like $17 mor per month, which was only $3 more then the netflix...so we ditched netflix! LOL

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 9481 of 9,493
latest reply

WOW... did you all vanish to FB?  The last post here is from April!  I bet we fell off the front page! 😉

Saw this yesterday... Daniel Radcliffe is asked to sort celebrities into the Hogwarts Houses:

http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/daniel-radcliffe-sorts-celebrities-into-harry-potter-houses

The kids gave me Netflix for Mother's Day... and I LOVE IT!  Binged watched 6 season of Dr. Who (mid-way through Season 7 now).  Watched the first season of American Horror Story (that is freaky!).  I tried Season 2, but it's too weird now... which is saying something.  I found Orphan Black (BBC on Demand) and watched that too - that's the one about the clones, and the actress plays 11!!!! different parts.  Seriously... she's amazing.  They all have different personalities and accents, and you can totally tell who is who just by her mannerisms.

🙂

Message 9482 of 9,493
latest reply

BTW - I finally, FINALLY won a prop replica of the Buffy SCYTHE (used in the series finale).  It's amazing... heavy!  

BtVS_Scythe1.jpg

It comes with a mounting bracket, but I'll need to use heavy screws and make sure I find a stud or it will definitely rip through the drywall!  

Message 9483 of 9,493
latest reply

Mags, I think we did all pretty much go to FB, and plus I wasn't sure if this place would still be here after they did away with the boards! LOL

It's hot and sweaty here, lol. Supposed to cool off tomorrow, if that's the case then I'm getting plants and planting them! Much easier to do when there's not sweat driping everywhere! LOL

That is a pretty awesome scythe!! I had netflix and loved it, but then we got cable, so there wasn't any reason to keep the netflix!

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 9484 of 9,493
latest reply

They are getting rid of the boards?  I have been away for a long time!

I prefer FB anyway!

😉 

Message 9485 of 9,493
latest reply

I just found this thread today. OMG I can't believe it's still here!!! HAHA

Message 9486 of 9,493
latest reply

This thread should ALWAYS be here... 😉
Message 9487 of 9,493
latest reply

This is my first foray into community groups and this thread adn the comment before it were just perfect!

The Harry Potter series was such a great read! ( I read it as a single adult female in my mid twenties some years ago.

It was so magical and resonant..

Looking forward to what the community as to offer! 

Message 9488 of 9,493
latest reply

Well, hi, FromCampfire! We haven't had a new person in here in a long time. Do you have a name we can call you? I'm Mags - I started this thread way,way back when the fifth book came out (under my other posting ID) and quite a few of us have been chatting ever since. So what book in the series was your favorite?
Message 9489 of 9,493
latest reply

I didn't know this thread was still here!!! Wow!!!

I thought it went away when they changed the boards!

Message 9490 of 9,493
latest reply

Actually... I'm not sure it is really "here..."
If you try to access just the Book Readers board, it seems to not exist... maybe these just haven't been deleted yet?

Message 9491 of 9,493
latest reply

So the very first post was on 06-26-2003... I was 4 months pregnant with Lukewig... who is now headed off to 7th grade today...  Don't you all feel old now?!

😄

Message 9492 of 9,493
latest reply

This thread is stilllll heeerrreeee!!! 😄

SnapeTurkey

Message 9493 of 9,493
latest reply