cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINISHED Reading Harry Potter?

Note: If this thread gets off the ground, there are likely to be SPOILERS in here so don't read if you don't want to know what happened in the book!

Well, I stayed up until 1:30 a.m. last night to finish Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - it was so good!

Anyone else finished with it yet...??? what did you think?!

I'm glad it didn't have quite the unfinished ending as Book IV, now waiting for the next book won't be quite so annoying... but I know it will be a l-o-n-g wait!

Anyway... what are your thoughts on it???

It could be that the purpose of your life is merely to serve as a warning to others.
Message 1 of 9,493
latest reply
9,492 REPLIES 9,492

Re: FINISHED Reading Harry Potter?

um yeah tonks, that's why i like them, cuz they gave harry the map 😉

(no really, its the two for one deal 😉 Ya'll ever heard of rodney carrington? ya marry a twin...and ya pretty much wanna...the other twin 🙂 so that's where i'm coming from 🙂 TMI? LOL)

Mags, nope never read that one...

with as warm as the weather is and supposed to be this weekend, i dont think i'll hit the lib to get a book or two...i think i'll spend it outside...wonder if i can get mr. frogi to load up the four wheeler and take it to the farm??? I can ride it now, i wouldn't last year cuz of my eyes...but i think its been long (enough, lol i miss it!)
Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 3091 of 9,493
latest reply

Wear a helmet, Frogi, because you're goofy enough without falling on your head.

Shack thread, copied and pasted:

The Shack by Paul Young
Nov 20, 2008 12:42 PM Report Abuse
I recommend this book to everyone, especially those dealing with a personal tragedy or a "Great Sadness".

fungo8 (1891) View Listings

I started this book yesterday and am through chapter 6. I've heard it is really good and so far i am enjoying it. Thanks for the recommendation.

kelleyfan (328) View Listings

I was emotionally wrung out by the time I finished reading it. Even gut-punched a couple of times. But, I would still recommend it to anyone -- a beautiful story, making you re-examine your faith (or lack of same).

fungo8 (1891) View Listings

I finshed the book last week and really enjoyed it. I can see where it might "bother" some Christians but like the Da Vinci Code it is a work of fiction interjected with some thoughts that come from the author's POV. Most are very comforting and for me I enjoyed all of it. I especially got a lot out of the part on forgiveness, something I work on daily, and I got a lot out of the part on passing judgement. I especially liked this part.

I had done some reading years ago and came across a book by a Rabbi named Harold Kuschner called " When Bad Things Happen To Good People" that went along the same lines as "The Shack". I would recommend it to anyone questioning their thoughts on different things.

rusecure (320) View Listings

I just finished reading it for the second time. I wonder if most of us don't deal with a great sadness of one type or another. I think the details of the situation in the book are not as important as the answers that are given for healing of the heart. Do we all carry a sadness or some kind of disappointment in our heart that affects all that we feel and all that we do? These are questions I have.

angelasell.. (2238) View Listings

I loved that book. I had a very tough time dealing with aspects of the murder, but I completely understand the great sadness and also it helped me understand God the Father's perspectives on forgiveness. I would recommend it highly to anyone!
Message 3092 of 9,493
latest reply

Yeah - that's the book. They made some great comments - probably should have looked "outside" the HP thread to see if people were already talking about... 🙂 I just come directly here!!! 😉
Message 3093 of 9,493
latest reply

Still "ME" - just dusting off the old id...! 😉

It could be that the purpose of your life is merely to serve as a warning to others.
Message 3094 of 9,493
latest reply

ugh i know i posted...where did it go? am i gonna have a pink slap when i get home??? LOL

sheesh...
Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 3095 of 9,493
latest reply

that was sooo odd...lol

i couldn't find my last post...nor any of the posts after it...ebay is still goofy..nice, lol

yes D i'll remember to take the helmet 🙂 (ok, no i wont cuz we dont have one, tho i do have saftey glasses...:))
Message 3096 of 9,493
latest reply

Is Brunswick stew a regional thing, or do any of y'all make it or buy it? I just made a big iron pot of it that's awfully good.

--two family packs of pork neck bones from Kroger
--boil them for a couple of hours, then pull the meat off the bones
--put the meat in the stew pot along with
--bag of frozen corn
--bag of frozen small lima beans
--one onion chopped up
--one can of vegetarian vegetable soup (add water also)
--one can of chicken broth
--a sprinkling of parsley and oregano
--put the lid on and let it simmer for at least 30 minutes
--add two cans of whole or diced tomatoes
--let simmer for 10 more minutes

dish up, add hot sauce, and you're ready
Message 3097 of 9,493
latest reply

Ah yes, the twins. I could really go for a Weasley sandwich right about now.
Photobucket
Message 3098 of 9,493
latest reply

Two Weasleys and no Snape? Are you trying to make him jealous, or are you saving him for dessert?
Message 3099 of 9,493
latest reply

No! Snape is the appetizer, of course, and the dessert.
Photobucket
Message 3100 of 9,493
latest reply

Hmmm, greasy like fried chicken wings, and greasy like lard-fried doughnuts. Snape is a high-fat treat, though a bit scrawny himself.
Message 3101 of 9,493
latest reply

Well... on THAT note...

Message 3102 of 9,493
latest reply

Aren't you supposed to be scrapbooking, Mags?
Message 3103 of 9,493
latest reply

I did already - it was just a 1-day scrap (9-5) - then we (the family) ordered in Chinese food and now I'm just checking, the Boards, and Facebook...! 🙂
Message 3104 of 9,493
latest reply

Wuss. You could do a 9 to 5 with one hand tied behind your back.
Message 3105 of 9,493
latest reply