cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay International Shipping Program restriction issue

Among other items I sell broken costume jewelry lots for crafts. I joined the eBay International Selling program when they first started. A few of the International buyers won my auction lots. The most recent went to Hong Kong and I received very nice positive feedback. Last week I sold 2 jewelry lots to a woman in Canada. Exactly the same auction copy as the lot I sold to the woman in Hong Kong.  eBay refused to ship them. I spoke to 3 different eBay resolution representatives regarding shipping to Canada. All 3 referred me to the restricted shipping list which states “High End Jewelry”. Each lot sold for approx. $50.00 – not “High End”. eBay said they would not ship and I had to cancel both of the auctions. I was really upset and so was my customer. I opted out of the eBay shipping program for fear this would happen to someone else. I think “High End” is too ambiguous a term. Has anyone had this same experience? Is there anything that can be done to update this restriction?

Thank you
Elizabeth

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: eBay International Shipping Program restriction issue

eBay has recently "lost" the breadcrumb trail on jewelry listings, but I think you listed in Vintage and Antique lots.

Perhaps a better category would be Jewelry Care, Design & Repair > jewelry for parts and repair.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you for your suggestion. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@beej12   I also wanted to add that the best way to contact eBay in regards to the eBay International Shipping program is via this email:  

ebayinternationalshipping@ebay.com    (This email is ONLY for EIS questions, just adding that in case anyone else reads this post) 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 4 of 4
latest reply