cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well Merry Christmas to me [just need to vent]

I just really needed to vent this out (my cats do not seem to care about this issue). I've been a Seller for over 15 years, I know the drill. This is just me needing to dump this out of my system & try to not let it fully ruin my holiday. I am not looking for advice or admonishment here, just looking for commiseration and a virtual shoulder to lean on.

27 days after receiving a jacket the Buyer has decided to open a Defective Item Return request.

This jacket is the most expensive item I have sold this year. It is pre-owned and had a few snags (detailed in Item Condition & documented in pictures). Otherwise it was in excellent used conditions with no other flaws or defects. 

Buyer has opened a case (at 11pm on Christmas Eve, thanks) stating that the zipper "snags" & wants to know what I can do about that..   Uh....   snags how? Is it catching on the inner lining? (zip more carefully) or did you bend a metal tooth? And if this is a defect why wouldn't you contact me immediately? ( sale was over $100) or is this an issue that has developed after wearing the jacket for nearly a MONTH?

I just...I mean.... *sigh* This has absolutely just crushed me. This month as been one of my worst ever in sales. I'm down over 50% and this return hold is more than what I have available in my account. Plus I have 5 items to ship still with no funds now to do so 😞

Why wait & do this the night before a holiday. I'll be lucky to get any customer service rep on the phone before Tuesday which means no weekly payout this coming week (and no money for the electric bill).

I know the jacket was in top shape when I mailed it. I hate selling high end items as they almost always result in issues so I am always extra careful & super vigilante. 

Here's hoping that Santa brings you all better sales & better buyers in the new year -H

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Well Merry Christmas to me [just need to vent]

I’m really sorry that happened to you. Have a Merry Christmas despite this issue. 🎄🎄🎁🎁😀

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I’m really sorry that happened to you. Have a Merry Christmas despite this issue. 🎄🎄🎁🎁😀

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you Patricia.  I choose the 'ignore until later' method for getting thru the rest of the holiday.  May you have a lovely & safe New Year

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@heathersthriftyfinds09 wrote:

Thank you Patricia.  I choose the 'ignore until later' method for getting thru the rest of the holiday.  May you have a lovely & safe New Year

Wouldn't ignore it to long, you only have 3 days to accept the return and provide return shipping.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I contacted them the day after Christmas.

It took a few tries going back & forth to figure out exactly what was wrong. The Buyer made it seem like they were fishing for a partial refund without saying those exact words, idk, it just felt weird. My last reply to them was several suggestions on how to make the zipper glide smoothly along the tracks and I have not heard back.  They also haven't escalated the case. We are nearing 30 calendar days since they opened the case. Now I am waiting to see if it will auto close or if I will need to call eBay.

I'm still baffled at the idea of spending over $100 on an item & not trying it out immediately.  They finally said they did put it on when it arrived but didn't try the zipper until nearly a month later...

Message 5 of 5
latest reply