cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted messages

Hey guys!

I've been receiving multiple messages a week showing items for sale by one particular seller.   I apparently get them whenever the seller lists new items. The only contact I've had with the seller was checking out their listings to answer a question in the Community ... and I never actually posted an answer.

I have NOT opted to receive any communications regarding listings I've looked at.  [I've double-checked.]  The seller is NOT a Saved Seller of mine ... and none of the items are something I'd be interested in in buying.

Anyone know a way to get them to stop without contacting CS?  [The seller couldn't have anything to do with them, since I didn't even post a Reply to their thread.]  There's nothing in the messages to 'unsubscribe' ... and they are getting pretty annoying after receiving 4-5 per week for several weeks.  😬

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unwanted messages

Eureka!  I discovered the source of the problem ... and it's darn weird! 

The seller's NAME is in my list of Saved Searches.  [Several other seller's 'names' are also in the list of what should be only ITEMS.]   None of the seller's names are familiar to me ... and I'm certain that I didn't/couldn't have put a name in a list of Searches.  Nor did I have them in my list of Saved Sellers.

I deleted ALL the names.

Ah, well ... just another eBay glitch.  How adorable.  😘

[I'm actually going to mark this post as 'The Solution' ... deliberately!  LOL]

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It is NOT the seller doing that, it is Ebay.  You can go to your Site Preferences and turn off marketing emails.  Be careful however so that you don't turn off emails that may be informing you of stuff you really want to know about.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks, but I do NOT have any 'marketing emails' to turn off.  I 'double-checked' before posting here.

Where is 'Site Preferences'?  I only know of 'Communication Preferences' ... and NONE of the 5 'Marketing Communications' options are checked in that section.  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Eureka!  I discovered the source of the problem ... and it's darn weird! 

The seller's NAME is in my list of Saved Searches.  [Several other seller's 'names' are also in the list of what should be only ITEMS.]   None of the seller's names are familiar to me ... and I'm certain that I didn't/couldn't have put a name in a list of Searches.  Nor did I have them in my list of Saved Sellers.

I deleted ALL the names.

Ah, well ... just another eBay glitch.  How adorable.  😘

[I'm actually going to mark this post as 'The Solution' ... deliberately!  LOL]

Message 4 of 4
latest reply