cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Invoice Amount

Hi - newish seller here (last time I sold much was a long time ago, so effectively a new seller).  I sold two items to a buyer (two pairs of pajamas).  These were separate listings even though same type of pajama - I wasn't able to do variation listing for the sizes (or I was doing that part wrong).  

I need to send an invoice for payment, but when I go to the order page and then preview the invoice, it is showing an amount of $5.53/5.52 - which would be the amount after selling fees.  However, the items were listed for $6.50.

I fear if I send the invoice, the buyer will get an invoice for the lower amount and pay that amount (other than adding tax and shipping fee - which is why I think she didn't make payment because I messaged her and said I would combine shipping, I hadn't updated the policy to combine shipping yet.)

Thoughts or ideas?  

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Incorrect Invoice Amount

@gbfinds123 

The order details page is showing your earning, not what your buyer will be charged.

Go to your sold items and select send invoice from the action menu next to one of the items. Then you will see the invoice you are going to send your buyer. Adjust the shipping if needed, and send.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Incorrect Invoice Amount

Hi @wooden_flower ,

My apologies for delay in getting back to you, and thank you for the quick reply!

My concern wasn't the orders detail page; I knew that shows the earning as compared to what the buyer is charged.  In the above situation, I went to the send invoice link and the invoice that Ebay prepared (and only thing I could send) was an invoice that showed a "post-fee" amount.  The amount I had to ask to be paid was after the 15% commission.  However, Ebay then took 15% from that invoice amount, so I was in a manner of speaking double-charged!

In the above case, it was only about a dollar and change difference, and I was more concerned about quick response time for the account health as compared to quibbling over a small amount of income so just sent the invoice.  However, I'm wondering for future if I had a situation where I invoiced someone if this appears to be a glitch in the system, or a "user-error" and I should have clicked something different to get the invoice to show correctly?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply