cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I report a major problem to eBay about technical issue?

On Oct 2, I purchased a hair treatment product whicb the listing showed wound be delivered in a few days (by Oct 5-7). When I received the email confirming shipment, it had estimated delivery for Oct 10. When I tried to open the Original page I got an entirely different product from an entirely different category showing up (“heated winter gloves”, a product I’ve never once searched for much less purchased). 

As I have gone through the various pages associated with the purchase as well as the sellers completed listings, I find there’s a lot going on. The seller completed/sold listing history does not even list  the product I purchased. The only thing that’s close to product I purchased is a listing that was ended Sep12 (made by the same manufacturer but a totally different product). And even more strange is the listing description, & images etc are cometrly blank except, only containing a repeated number 1 (“111111”). 

When I realized this bizarre situation I sent multiple messages to the seller asking if they knew what is going on. I also asked them to confirm if they sold & shipped me the correct product.  Seller hasn’t responded. 

I sold for many years on this platform & I know things can get complicated technically but this is really out there! 

My best guess is somehow 2 different listings were crossed over in a system glitch of sone kind? 

it’s not helping the seller isn’t replying. I don’t know if they are confused as well but if they are, they should have had at least communicated that to me. 

I can’t find anywhere to report this bizarre situation & it’s really disappointing that eBay doesn’t have a contact for customer support when clearly my situation isn’t something falling into the normal platform parameters.

I am really unhappy I will likely be expected to wait until NEXT week before I can even get a refund or report this issue especially if it is a system glitch. I am in the middle of relocating to another state (hence, why I checked the listing prior to purchase to make sure estimated delivery date was by this weekend). If there’s no way for me to communicate with eBay when something like this could happen, I’m certainly not comfortable making additional purchases. 

If anyone has a suggestion on how to contact a human being to try to figure this out, Od really appreciate it! 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: How do I report a major problem to eBay about technical issue?

Thursday is the day ebay does its maintenance on the system, so different parts of ebay goes wonky at different times. Try accessing that area again later.

You can also report the problem here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/technicalissues-db

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: How do I report a major problem to eBay about technical issue?

Are you looking at the listing from your Purchase History page or by performing a search on Active listings?

Your Purchase History should show the listing as it looked when you made the purchase (including the estimated delivery date). In active search, the listing will show any modifications the seller made after your sale (which could even be to change it to a different item altogether - not advised, but it can be done) and the estimated delivery date advances everyday to show when is should arrive based on the purchase date.

As long as your Purchase History shows the correct item, you have nothing to worry about (as far is the item that you ordered is concerned).

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 3 of 3
latest reply