cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Downloads

Why does eBay prevent me from doing them -- despite so many requests -- by charge outrageous shipping? How can I set up digital downloads and still give eBay its pound of flesh?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Digital Downloads

Download items must follow eBay policy:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/digitally-delivered-goods-policy?id=4...

If your digital item has a shipping charge, you are most likely listing in the wrong category.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You need to list your item in the EVERYTHING ELSE category, using the classified format.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Product download cost via Classifieds are 3X regular shipping costs.

It means If I was charging $30.00 for a product with free shipping my gross revenue $ would be less Post Office, mailing and product costs (or a grand total of $6) leaving me with $24 profit. It takes 30 minutes to assemble, 1/2 hour to go to P.O. for each DVD. So I am making per hour how much I sell the DVD for.

Classifieds cost on the other hand is $9.95 for 30 days. No thought about multiple products as buyer can copy the digital file. It would mean I make $20 instead, in this example.  But it  also means I wouldn't have the standard ebay product protections of return, etc.  In 20 years on eBay, still 100%, I really needed ebay staff only 3 times -- but like a computer crash, either you are backup up -- or you are not.

Are there any more hidden issues, pro or con, to selecting Classifieds for digital downloads?

Thank you for your time.

Barry

Message 4 of 5
latest reply