Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

do not purchase from seller tootoocheap

This seller is a NASTY individual who claims he mailed my item, yet I never received it. He shipped it the cheapest way according to the Post Office and therefore, I have no protection for something I paid for but do not have. The seller never repson...

Why don't American buyers purchase at a virtual address in a non-tax state such as New Hampshire?

Why don't American buyers purchase at a virtual address in a non-tax state such as New Hampshire and then ask the USPS to forward it to their real address so they can avoid value added taxes while purchasing?me myself i have a tax ID so i can avoid i...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay removed my feedback

A seller first ignored my request to cancel an order (which I made less than 15 minutes after I placed the order), sent the order anyway, and then refused to engage me on return, even though 'free rerturns' was listed on his site. He even told me "ca...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Appeal Denied

In late March, I was attempting to purchase Silent Hill 3 from seller After an initial return to sender, the seller claimed to have reshipped it to my adress. It is now April 30th and I have not seen my package. I had sent an appeal to eBay and they ...

131 Days No Item No Contact from Seller

Paid for a guitar body on December 13, 2023 with an extended shipping time (from Dec to Feb) because items are made to order. Since Dec 22, 2023 the seller has not responded to any of my messages nor, of course have I recieved the item. The only mess...

Brief rant: The "private" offers are not "private." Not exclusive.

Words have meaning, and that "a few other interested buyers also received this offer" - so I'd better hurry up and buy the item - it's just gotten to be too much. This is not "private." And usually, the seller had nothing to do with it. aaaargh

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Item marked as Delivered in Illinois but never received eBay International Shipping

Hey everyone, so REALLY need advise here.... It was my first time using eBay for international purchase (purchased item in the US, I'm located in Mexico), the tracking history: Aug 19, 20226:29amDELIVERED PO BOXCAROL STREAM, IL 60197Aug 19, 20226:29a...

!!! Sellers can see your city when you just browse?!!!

A Seller just told me that they can see the city where buyers reside. This was just browsing - maybe putting on "Watchlist." But geeze. I understand if there is an actual transaction underway - but otherwise. No. That isn't right. So. No more Watchli...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 6 replies
  • 1 helpful

Issue with offers from sellers of watched items

For watched items, I get notifications about offers from the seller of one of the items in my watchlist. The offer is listed under My eBay | Bids and Offers, showing the offer price. However the button "View offer details" just sends me back to the i...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors