cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mantel clock and urn set - help please

Our charity was given this set as a donation to sell.    I was thinking perhaps it is Italian?  The clock is about 17 inches high.  All three pieces are very heavy.  I see a signature on one of the paintings but am not sure what it says.  Any help with age, key words, anything would be much appreciated!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Mantel clock and urn set - help please

This really looks like a reproduction.  the hands are a little to big for the dial and of the type seen on repro clocks.  The hands would have been held on with a washer and tapered pin on an old original clock not a nut as  this clock has.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

It's hard to tell about the signature. Can you get a clearer picture, and also make sure that none of the metal of the piece blocks the signature from view?

Looks like either Loncini or Soncini. If the whole thing were clearer I might have a different thought.

----------
Current avatar: Actress Myrna Loy.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the input!  On another board, they did say that it is a reproduction, probably from the 60's.  Signature is perhaps laucini.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

style is French Empire. crossed torches and swan necks. if it's a reproduction ? I'd start with the metal. open back of clockwork or show bottom.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

these sigs are often meaningless, made up names. same goes for most imitation sevres and 'paris' porcelains

Message 6 of 6
latest reply