Antiques
The Antiques Discussion is for members to share views and suggestions regarding Antiques
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Any help on these baskets? TYIA

Trying to research these but I am stuck. I don't know anything about baskets. It looks like I might be right about the African basket but how do I know the age? The 2nd two have been harder to find. I don't even know what type to search to point me i...

Resolved! Strange antique dated 1872 measuring knife by E.M.Co.

This is a strange knife I found at a local sale, it is sort of triangular with a sliding blade, that measures how deep the knife goes in to something. It is marked "E.M.Co." and "Pat. Sept 3 '72". Markings are on both sides. The body is copper which ...

040.JPG 041.JPG 047.JPG 049.JPG

ANY INFO /ID PAIR 13 INCH HEAVY LANTERNS/LAMPS RAILROAD?

PAIR OF 13 INCH HIGH ( NOT MEASURING THE TALL HANDLES...VERY HEAVY 5 TO 8 POUNDSOIL FUEL BOX INSIDECANNOT FIND ANOTHER SIMILAR TO THESE....ALOT ON INTERNET BUT NOT FINDING THESE...COULD THESE BE FOR A CABOOSE..USED OIN STEAM LOCOMOTIVES?CIRCA ...USE ...

Help telling the difference between gilt bronze and gilt brass - candelabra

Found this large 5 candle piece at a local estate sale. I believe it has been rescued by someone attaching it to a rosewood, oriental base. It is heavy, heavy. Each flower unscrews from its respective stem. Stamen are different depending on flower. I...

Please help with the attribution of the mark - the letter "K" in the horseshoe.

Please help with the attribution of the mark - the letter "K" in the horseshoe.Periodically faced with this when browsing mark Austrian bronze, but much less than mark "AR" (Arthur Rubinstein)...Usually with this brand and is also the name of the scu...

Can you ID these Don Quixote & Sancho Panza Pottery Figures with Signature ?

Please help ID these Don Quixote & Sancho Panza Pottery Figures. I was told that they were pretty rare, and valuable before my father passed away. They are aprox 12" high, and very delicate pottery. The hand painted signature are on the bottom of the...

Mantel clock and urn set - help please

Our charity was given this set as a donation to sell. I was thinking perhaps it is Italian? The clock is about 17 inches high. All three pieces are very heavy. I see a signature on one of the paintings but am not sure what it says. Any help with age,...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Antique vs. Vintage.

Is there an official definition for the difference between vintage and antique? I see the word vintage a lot, and I often question whether the seller actually knows the differnce. Or whether it is just used to get people to look at their item/s. Plea...

What kind of Stone is this

What kind of stone is on sterling jewelry.. Found these at a yard garage sale.. Ornate Ring with the matching pendant has 925 behind them.. like to know age to.. Thank you

CD9970A4-ADDB-4B25-B6E5-BCB024E0F515.jpeg 62F10D49-7C04-434E-BC87-C873664FC601.jpeg 8B30AE84-4430-4228-ADB7-1AD9F862C754.jpeg 276D5026-5ACF-4784-AEC4-86C499303CB4.jpeg
User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Chinese porcelain carpet balls?

So my mother went to an antique shop the other day and found some porcelain balls and one of them looks to have the great wall of china on it, but we're not sure and it's intruiging us because we can't find them online anywhere. There are ones with t...

Cedar chest identification help needed

I picked up a cedar chest today, but before I mess with it, I wanted to make sure I don't ruin it if it has any value. It has a ‘Maid o Cedar’ Morris furniture Mfg Co. Los Angeles With a stamped number 478 I apologize for the poor quality of the pict...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Please help to identify metallic box with CPO markings

CPO markings Please help to identify metallic box with CPO markings, no other markings are there. If someone can tell me the age (as far as I researched it's 1946-1948), approximate value of it and the pattern meaning.Appreciate any help!

IMG-2377.JPG IMG-2376.JPG IMG-2375.JPG
User avatar by Rising Star
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Iris genuine Incolay trinket vanity box

Help please. I d like to know all possible information about the incolay trinket box. Cannot find anything by myself. Would be very appreciated. Thank you

Most Marked as Helpful Authors