cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asian Black Tea Kettle (?) Trying to identify what I have here. Any input greatly appreciated!!

This all black kettle is really heavy!! Can't imagine they would actually use it to serve tea! It's some type of steel with a ceramic type coating on inside??K1.jpgK2.jpgK3.jpgK4.jpgK5.jpg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Asian Black Tea Kettle (?) Trying to identify what I have here. Any input greatly appreciated!!

Your pot is cast iron, the same material that's been used for skillets for 100+ years. Cast iron holds heat well, so its use in teapots is to keep the tea hot.

There's no indication this teapot is antique. I have a cast iron teapot I got from Amazon a few years ago.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Re: Asian Black Tea Kettle (?) Trying to identify what I have here. Any input greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Out of curiosity I searched Amazon for cast iron teapots. The first result was this exact pot. We can't include external links, but search 'IBILI Casablanca Cast Iron Teapot with Stainless Steel Infuser' on Amazon and you'll find it.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Honestly I didn't even think of cast iron before your first reply, I've never seen cast iron with a coating on it (on the inside).

Thank you so much!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@shetime_gear wrote:

Honestly I didn't even think of cast iron before your first reply, I've never seen cast iron with a coating on it (on the inside).

Thank you so much!

Most modern dutch ovens are enamel coated cast iron, so the practice is actually quite common.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply