Antiques and Research
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Any Help is Appreciated in ID'ing this "Spear"..

Hi...any help with this is appreciated. This was found in my uncle's attic. He was a collector of all things unique but unfortunately, he has passed and I can't ask him. It measures just about 10 1/2" long with lots of spikes and carvings in it. It i...

Antique Woodworking Tool - Wooden Dado Head?

I have several of these antique woodwoking tools that came from a window factory from the 1870s. No markings on any of them. The tool makes a 1 and 1/8 inch groove, and has a 1 inch arbor. I can't find any images similar to this anywhere. Estimated v...

DSC_0029.JPG DSC_0030.JPG DSC_0032.JPG

Need help identifying marks on this vintage silver 1927 golf award

HiI have 2 estate silver golf trophy awards from 1927. I believe this one is a silent butler/crumb tray. The 4 marks puzzle me, I have been to several British silver mark sites and cannot find these. Also, why does it say reproduction? Is it a 1920's...

DSCF4966.jpg mark.jpg

Any help on this Asian rice carrier?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, or Antiques group. Someone on Facebook (not ebay) told me this is a Chinese rice carrier. But it's smaller than others I found online - only 6" long. She suggested it might be for weddings or candy. Wish I ...

098-P1160981.JPG 101-P1160984.JPG 104-P1160987.JPG

What is this and why is there a hole in the top?

I searched around and found similar items listed as Japanese, turned wood boxes but none of the others have holes in the lids What type of box is this or what's the reason for the hole in the lid? I tried searching up all types of possibilities for t...

Antique Prints

Is there an eBay Seller in the San Francisco Bay Area who would be willing to sell some antique prints [17th through 19th centuries] for me. I live in Sonoma, CA. Many thanks, Robert Demler

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

I need help in identifying this picture type.

I need help in identifying this picture type.I'm not sure if the white plate in the frame is plastic on other material.It sounds more stone or like a seashell than plastic.It must be iluminated from behind to see the picture.The only markings on it i...

20170813_125749.jpg 20170813_125838.jpg 20170813_125848.jpg 20170813_132915.jpg
User avatar by Adventurer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

What is this wood piece carved with a fish? Antique cookie mold?

I've had it sitting around for a long time because I had no clue as to where to even begin looking for what it might be I was poking around for something else and came across some antique cookie molds that kind of look like what I have There were a f...

IMG_4712.JPG IMG_4713.JPG IMG_4714.JPG IMG_4715.JPG

Help in identifying this old pipe

Greetings, We recently found this lidded pipe bowl(no stem)and thought it had a very intersting look. We aren't pipe collectors, so, even after scouring the internet, we haven't been able to identify this piece. Its longest dimension is roughly 3". I...

000_2497.JPG 000_2505.JPG 000_2506.JPG
Most Marked as Helpful Authors