cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Tiffany bracelet please

Of course the first question would be, is it real? I did my best to take the picture of the hallmark, but it was in a tricky spot. It reads copyright symbol, Tiffany & Co and below STERL. And what would you call this type of closure? Bar Pin? This piece is very nicely made and weighs around 63 grams. I could not find another one like it. Thank you so much for any help you can send my way.PB190735.JPGPB190737.JPGPB190739.JPGPB190738.JPG

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Help with Tiffany bracelet please

What a beauty if it's authentic!  I couldn't find anything on it either!  Will be watching the thread!

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

It's beautiful!  Tiffany's is still in existence, maybe get in touch wth them, they may have information in their archives.  It may have been a custom order, also.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

It appears to be authentic, what a find~keep us posted...a Tiffany marks/stamps are hard to copy...
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Oh thank you all so very much.  I do hope it is the real deal.  It bothered me when I could not find another one like it.  It is quite small with about a 6" inside measurement, so it may have been a custom order. 

If I find out anything, I'll let you all know.  Thank you again for being so AWESOME!

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Just want to chime in to say that Tiffany stamps are not hard to copy. I have found more fake Tiffany pieces than real ones in my journeys. The last one was the most convincing and the bracelet (a heavy cuff) was actually real silver as well. I'm not saying this bracelet is fake, just want to give my two cents on the subject. It is a beautiful bracelet, and I think taking it to a Tiffany dealer is a great idea if you have the resources to do so. I personally have not seen that mark, and from my research I have only seen the full words Sterling Silver and/or 925. If it is a custom made piece, or a really old one, who knows! I wish you the best of luck and hope it's authentic Tiffany. 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

This is a nice bracelet. It looks quite modern and with that said, I don't know of many modern (mid-century to present) Tiffany pieces that would use Ster. instead of 925. Most all Tiffany pieces from this era are marked 925. The closure does not look like that of Tiffany or the style. I am not sure where you purchased it or if you polished it. But, if it is old I am wondering why there is no patina on it. Did you try a magnet on it? Is it truly Sterling silver.
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

It is sterling, but after that I can't say.  It is from my Mom's collection and I think she bought it from a scrap dealer.  All of her pieces are polished when she takes them home as she likes them shiny. 

On a Facebook group two folks said no way was it Tiffany and that it was poorly made.  Sigh.....I guess I'll keep digging as I would not want to mislead anyone. 

Thank you so very much for all of your help!

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Very helpful.  Thank you so much!

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I have never seen an authentic piece of Tiffany marked STERL; it's usually 925. And the workmanship on this bracelet is not commensurate with Tiffany's level of quality. Just my 2¢ worth…

And yes, Tiffany stamps are VERY easy to copy, but many times the typeface of the maker's mark will be ever so slightly off. You need a very discerning eye, well versed in the correct appearance of the mark, and better yet, a piece known to be authentic to which to compare the questionable item.

The owner of acquisator recently brought me a piece marked TIFFANY & CO. 925 Elsa Peretti. It was obviously neither Tiffany nor anything remotely resembling a Peretti design. You've got to be ever vigilant when it comes to certain brand names, especially Tiffany; Pandora is another counterfeit-prone brand.

Have a great eBay day,

acquisator
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

You can write the archives at Tiffany, it takes a while for them to get back to you, if you can hold the piece without selling, it would be worth to find out...nice treasure either way..keep us updated

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

NOt an expert on Tiffany jewelry, I have seen some pretty good fakes too, but that is a pin closure. I have run across two different bracelets that have that same closure. One was made in the late 1960's, and the other I couldn't find one like it. But that is just as far as the closure on it goes. I love those type of closures since they are unique and not used a lot. One bracelet I seen with that type of closure was made of bone and brass. I wish I could tell you if it is real Tiffany.. There is a great little shop around the corner from me that sells antiques of all kinds and lots of jewelry. Whenever I have an odd piece and need advice they always have an answer. Can you post a couple more photos and possibly blow up the mark a little? If you don't mind I have to run over there myself tomorrow and I can show them the pictures. They may have some information on it. I would be willing to check for you. It is called Behind The Iron Gate, it is in Syracuse NY. Maybe you could look them up and email the pics yourself, they are very helpful and may be able to help you directly. It is worth a try. Good luck.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

This thread is a year old. I seriously doubt the OP still has this item, especially since it was pretty thoroughly established to be fake. I think we can all stop posting here now and move on to addressing more current concerns… 🙂

Have a great eBay day,

acquisator
Message 14 of 14
latest reply