cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay artist's book?

landis_art
Enthusiast
I got an e-mail from an individual who said they are doing a book on ebay artists. He had me fill out a questionaire, which I did without putting too much info. on, and then I sent a few jpegs of my art. He said that there is a publisher that is very interested in picking up a book and he should find out in 3 - 5 weeks if he's going to get it. I just wondered if anyone else has heard of this, or if it could be some sort of scam. The guy's ebay username was like "wetwillywilson" or something of that nature, I forgot all of it though. Please let me know. Thanks, Jacob Landis
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

ebay artist's book?

weewillywilson is the only ID I found that sounds like what you have here? At least in my search. No, have not heard anything on it.
Anni
painted-gardens
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

ebay artist's book?

Did you save the email Jacob, is his user id in there?
Anni
painted-gardens
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

ebay artist's book?

landis_art
Enthusiast
Yes, it was a respond to item in my e-mail sent from "Dan B". I accidentaly deleted the ones in my ebay messages, and that's where it had that name "wetwilly something". It sounded good, but you never know. There are a lot more artists out there I thought he should pick than myself. I wondered if it could be some IRS thing, but I don't make really any money off of my art, so I doubted that. Maybe it is legit.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

ebay artist's book?

I haven't heard about it Jacob.
~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

ebay artist's book?

I've never heard of this either. Trust your instincts. If he asks for money or too personal of info. from you, then for sure it is some type of scam. Just don't do anything you're not comfortable with. He may be legit, but he may not be. Be sure to save anything he sends - just in case. -Jendria
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

ebay artist's book?

Also keep an eye on his auctions - in case prints or items with your work on them appear. Perhaps even check 'Cafe Press' - he could use the images there on mugs, t-shirts, etc.
~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

ebay artist's book?

when responding to emails... a. make sure that the destination address on the email is EXACTLY your address. b. then be certain you know who the email is from. c. if the email is sent to a group, check the other addresses to see if you recognize the other recipients. d. if there are links or addresses within the email, copy the links (do not click on them) and paste them into your web browser and check them out. Email phishing is a procedure to find active email addresses to forward junk and spam. There are 2 common methods of phishing: one is to send out an email to millions of manufactured email addresses (ie put any and every word in front of @hotmail.com) ...any recipients that actually respond are logged as working email addresses and added to a list. another method is to send out a subject email (chosen from a found internet subject or site. ie ATC card group) to many already accumulated email addresses, ...and once again, any that respond are logged as valid working addresses. And always save suspicious emails and information for future investigation. The authorities may need this info at a later date.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

ebay artist's book?

Jacob: I haven't heard of anything like that either. I'm usually very suspect about these kinds of things. I'd worry about him using your art without your permission...watch him. Joann
Joann Y Wheeler

[url http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=so&sbrftog=1&dfsp=1&from=R10&satitle=&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sadis=200&fpos=21122&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&seller=1&sass=heylucy1&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&fgtp=]My Auctions[/url]
My blog: [url http://jywheeler.blogspot.com]
Message 9 of 9
latest reply