cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do you run your Ebay Auctions?

auctionsbybabycakes
Enthusiast
3 day 5 day or 7 days or longer...? When do you think is a good day to start and end a auction? I have have tried 5 days and 7 days....I think maybe 5 days did better. Thanks for input. Sandra
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

A week, nearly always. I want full value - I want weekend browsers/buyers to find my work, as well as week-day. I will sometimes do 10 days when there might be holidays involved and want those lookers too, or to finish on a weekday rather than Saturday, for instance, or can't paint for a while, and want to have at least something up and active so people can subscribe to newsletters or put me on favorites, or go to my store from my listing for purchases there.
~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

auctionsbybabycakes
Enthusiast
I see..very good....Hard to know what to do sometime...Maybe this info will help us all. Thanks Sandra (Jillian..sorry about the missspell..LOL)
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I do 7 day auctions. Things in my store are basically there until sold or moved to a different selling venue.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My Blog

MySpace

Art Reference Photos Gallery My art reference photos are free to use anyway you want, no permission required.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I usually do 7 day auctions. I figure the longer it is out there the better chance a potential buyer will see it. Rarely will I go 5 days - and never 3.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I am the newby (here I go again) -- I started out doing 7 day auctions. Then, I decided that I wanted my auctions to end on Tuesday or Wednesday -- these days seemed to bring the best results for me. One week I had to do a 3-day to get my cards to end on the right day. This resulted in my highest selling card -- about $85. I don't know if this was a fluke. Since that time, I have listed mostly 5 day and sometimes 3 day. With MY cards, sometimes I will get a bid right away and then nothing else will happen until the last day. I even had one card with NO bid get a starting bid ($2.50) about an hour before the auction was set to end -- in the last MINUTE the card went for over $40. (Of course the card had 3 watchers -- so I thought something MIGHT happen -- but you can have watchers and never get a bid.)I do not know if this is NORMAL for aceo buying, NORMAL for the people who buy My cards, or just a weird aberration... Anyone have any ideas? ?:| Jana
~jana
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I don't know if is normal or an aberration either - BUT - congrats on getting some great final selling prices!
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thanks, sujo0101. The high prices are NOT the norm for me. Most of my cards sell for under $10. I wish that I knew the trick -- I wonder if the selling date or listing time holds the key. The amount of time spent on the cards has NOTHING to do with what they sell for -- as far as I can tell. And, the cards I am the MOST pleased with USUALLY go for the least! I guess I have NO taste!!! 😛 Jana
~jana
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

loganzmeadow
Enthusiast
I've always gone with 7 day aucitons, I've tried teh other durations, with no real effect. I too would love to know the secret to a higher ending price....I think I've only ever had one aceo go for over 10 dollars....and it wasn't by much.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

loganzmeadow
Enthusiast
auctions that is, typo...oops lol
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

ozarkweaver
Enthusiast
If you want to know what days more people have successful sales, go to the discussion thread "aceo sales statistics". The days listed are ending days, not starting days. I counted all the sold and unsold aceo listings for three weeks to get those numbers. Of course, what really counts is what day YOU have the best sales. Sounds like you are doing great! Pat
Message 11 of 11
latest reply