cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay's Believe It or Not, Tales From the Field!

The Part Timers Forum used to have an on-going thread about posts that were odd/funny/stooopid/contained weird CS answers ~ or just generally considered silly or outrageous.  The OP of the thread was "the medic", so while the PT group is still kickin', I thought it would be fun to start another similar thread.

Readers, if you run across a post, comment, feedback, etc., that is "off the beaten path", please add it to this thread.  I read the community almost every day and will contribute when something catches my eye. Just something to break up the boredom of listing, revising, answering questions, and working around the eBay listing glitches Smiley Surprised ~ or waiting for something to sell Smiley SurprisedSmiley SadSmiley Surprised

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 1 of 277
latest reply
276 REPLIES 276

I'm dying here. People believe the forums are being indexed in real time for the convenience of the execs, because said execs are concerned with what sellers post to the forums. Ahem. 👌 😂 😛 😁

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 211 of 277
latest reply

@ecwolf wrote:

YUM.  Tank you veddy much

heart Andy Kaufman

Message 212 of 277
latest reply

@savanna.dance wrote:
I'm dying here. People believe the forums are being indexed in real time for the convenience of the execs, because said execs are concerned with what sellers post to the forums. Ahem. 👌 😂 😛 😁

There are some things that render me speechless. This is one of them.

Message 213 of 277
latest reply

Do you think complaining on this forum or Tell Us What You Think emails has any impact on your s

....so we know what you are talking about!  ....and I think we should take bets on what the last word that starts with "s" is ~ several things come to mind! laughing emo.gif

Message 214 of 277
latest reply

I'm all the time telling eBay what I think on that Tell Us What You Think link. I have noticed nothing ever changing from all my very constructive input.

Message 215 of 277
latest reply

@savanna.dance wrote:
I'm all the time telling eBay what I think on that Tell Us What You Think link. I have noticed nothing ever changing from all my very constructive input.

Yeah, Savanna, eBay probably considers those thoughts just a bunch of "s" wink emo.gif

Message 216 of 277
latest reply

Do you think complaining on this forum or Tell Us What You Think emails has any impact on your supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

All better.

Message 217 of 277
latest reply

Do you think complaining on this forum or Tell Us What You Think emails has any impact on your Sanity?

Message 218 of 277
latest reply

...has any impact on your Self?

Why, yes.  It gives you false comfort that ebay has heard and cares about your problems here.

Message 219 of 277
latest reply

... has any impact on your sex life

Yes ... spending too much time obsessing online about anything can impact your sex life. Go outside and get some fresh air!! Take an interest in something other than eBay ... it will definitely make you more pleasant to be around 😉

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 220 of 277
latest reply

Ah hahahaha... dozens of posters names are flashing in front of my eyes right now.

Message 221 of 277
latest reply

posting to the forums has affect on Santa Claus. His naughty list is full!

Message 222 of 277
latest reply

Hoo, boy, I can think of some posters and buyers scammers I'd like to add to Santa's naughty list this year.  I guess I could just upload my BBL to www dot who'sbeennaughty dot com.

Message 223 of 277
latest reply

As sellers, most of us have heard the oft lamented gripe that buyers don't read, but from looking/reading the Community Platform Feedback board, it seems that this also applies to sellers, lol.  Not a day has gone by that I haven't seen a seller post a totally inappropriate question or comment on this board ~ they aren't opening the "About This Board" post by Alan ~ definitely keeping the mods busy moving threads! 

About this board

This board is the place to let us know about technical issues that you encounter when using the Community platform, you can also use this board to share your suggestions for future enhancements to our Community platform - it isn't the place to share feedback on the eBay marketplace. 

In addition, we'll use this board to let you know about updates that we make to the functionality of the Community platform. 

Thank you. 

Message 224 of 277
latest reply

RIGHT????  I'm surprised that

1. They FIND this board, and

2.  They think the title,  "Community Platform Feedback" vaguely means "buying or selling problem."

Message 225 of 277
latest reply