cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay fees are getting too expensive!!!

maddog1273
Adventurer
I just sold a few items and noticed eBay took 12% of my total....Plus PayPal (Who is owned by eBay) took another 3%......
This is ridiculous!!!!
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

Is there any way to get these fees lowered for future listings. Like starting a store OR am I doing something wrong????

Any suggestions would be appreciated.....
Message 1 of 438
latest reply
437 REPLIES 437

Re: eBay fees are getting too expensive!!!

Hi Andy! What's the weather like in Latvia? I just got done with the third coldest March on record!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 181 of 438
latest reply

Feedback rating: 258
Positive Feedback: 100%
Member since Sep-20-10 in United States

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 182 of 438
latest reply

With a business account, you have to deal with lots of tax issues!

Message 183 of 438
latest reply

I agree 100% Ebay fees are becoming outragously expensive. Like, right now for example...I just sold two items in total they add up to $100 dollars. Ebay is taking from me $43 dollars fee for my $100 worth.  It is as if they toke 43% profit from my sale...too much!

This is seriously getting out of hands here.

Message 184 of 438
latest reply

How can that be.........

even with listing in 2 catagories....which is dumb....you're fees couldn't be more than 20 %

Message 185 of 438
latest reply

Will it did! I decided that I no longer from here, until I am dead, going to be using eBay to sell anything. I am losing. I am not gaining.

Message 186 of 438
latest reply

If total eBay ( paypal) fees were 43%......you're doing something wrong.......

& we'd all leave.......in a hurry !

Message 187 of 438
latest reply

Exactly! I am using eBay!

Message 188 of 438
latest reply

@amigaclassiclover wrote:

I agree 100% Ebay fees are becoming outragously expensive. Like, right now for example...I just sold two items in total they add up to $100 dollars. Ebay is taking from me $43 dollars fee for my $100 worth.  It is as if they toke 43% profit from my sale...too much!

If you managed to accumulate $43 in fees on $100 in sales, you're doing something seriously wrong. Do you charge $25 to ship your items?

Message 189 of 438
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG . . . 43%! I pay eBay/PayPal total fee of 13%. You would have to applied all the bells & whistles which add up to amass a FVF of 43%. Even then that's like 30% more  than I pay and I believe the majority of veteran sellers.  I susgest you take another look at your

listings and rid them of any and all extras and then check your math. 

Good Luck!

Message 190 of 438
latest reply

@pretty_good_week_in_vegas wrote:

If you managed to accumulate $43 in fees on $100 in sales, you're doing something seriously wrong. Do you charge $25 to ship your items?

I did not realize that eBay actually charge extra based on how much the buyer needs to pay for shipping and handling O_O!! This is even more convincing me not to use eBay ever again. But to answer your question, no. I put nothing in terms of shipping and handling, except a template or default setting for shipping and handling and policey rule.

Message 191 of 438
latest reply

@artie_chicago wrote:

OMG . . . 43%! I pay eBay/PayPal total fee of 13%. You would have to applied all the bells & whistles which add up to amass a FVF of 43%. Even then that's like 30% more  than I pay and I believe the majority of veteran sellers.  I susgest you take another look at your

listings and rid them of any and all extras and then check your math. 

Good Luck!

All I did is set the reserve price for my auction and then I get something like this down below. But for some reason it was another 7.99 or something and then fees where a little bit more and then the other auction combined and here we go or something:

Insertion fee:Free
Insertion fee(2nd Category) (Fee doubled because of listing in 2 categories):US $0.30
Buy It Now (Special offer):Free 
Buy It Now(2nd Category) (Fee doubled because of listing in 2 categories):US $0.25 
Gallery:Free 
Gallery(2nd Category) (Fee doubled because of listing in 2 categories):Free 
Reserve Price Auction:US $7.99 
Reserve Price Auction(2nd Category) (Fee doubled because of listing in 2 categories):US $7.99 
Message 192 of 438
latest reply

All I did is set the reserve price for my auction and then I get something like this down below. But for some reason it was another 7.99 or something and then fees where a little bit more and then the other auction combined and here we go or something:

Insertion fee:Free
Insertion fee(2nd Category) (Fee doubled because of listing in 2 categories):US $0.30
Buy It Now (Special offer):Free 
Buy It Now(2nd Category) (Fee doubled because of listing in 2 categories):US $0.25 
Gallery:Free 
Gallery(2nd Category) (Fee doubled because of listing in 2 categories):Free 
Reserve Price Auction:US $7.99 
Reserve Price Auction(2nd Category) (Fee doubled because of listing in 2 categories):US $7.99 

1) Using a reserve is just giving money to eBay.

2) Using a reserve in two categories is insane.

3) A $7.99 reserve fee would be charged if you set a reserve price of $799 (reserve fee = 1% of reserve amount), so your claim that your were charged $43 for items that sold for only $100 is completely bogus.

Message 193 of 438
latest reply

Message 194 of 438
latest reply

I would rather you call me an idiot then a liar!

Message 195 of 438
latest reply