cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Seller Fees Recurring Billing Payment

I just got an email that the subject was "eBay Seller Fees Recurring Billing Payment" from paypal.

Now, I'm not selling anything now nor do I plan to, but it says "Recurring". Does that mean eBay is going to charge me seller fee's every month no matter what now?
Message 1 of 226
latest reply
225 REPLIES 225

ksb05649
Enthusiast
They charged my Paypal account $19.99 as a "Recurring Billing Fee," and I hadn't sold anything in several months. I have tried sending email to find out what this is about, but I haven't received any replies. I don't like this a bit. They should explain what they are charging us for.
Message 16 of 226
latest reply

I am having the same problem. I sold ONE thing and since have been recurringly charged!!

If anyone gets an answer on how to stop this (everything else that has been already posted here, I've tried & has not worked), please let me know! Thanks I apretiate it,

-Amber

AmberWalsh_@hotmail.com
Message 17 of 226
latest reply

Did any of you try this, as suggested in post #12?

How do I cancel a Billing Agreement?

Question :
Answer :
Use the following steps to cancel a Billing Agreement:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click the My Account tab.
3. Click Profile at the top of the page.
4. Click the Pay List link in the Financial Information column.
5. Find the merchant whose agreement you want to cancel.
6. Click the merchant's name or email address.
7. Click the Cancel link.
Message 18 of 226
latest reply

I sold one item on ebay 2 months ago, paid the sellers fees. A few weeks later got this "eBay Seller Fees Recurring Billing Payment" email with an amount of $4.37. checked my paypal account and i did indeed have a payment to ebay for the sold item and an additional $4.37 charge.

Today i find another "eBay Seller Fees Recurring Billing Payment" email, and another $4.37 removed from my paypal account.

I did this:

Did any of you try this, as suggested in post #12?

How do I cancel a Billing Agreement?

Question :
Answer :
Use the following steps to cancel a Billing Agreement:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
Click the My Account tab.
3. Click Profile at the top of the page.
4. Click the Pay List link in the Financial Information column.
5. Find the merchant whose agreement you want to cancel.
6. Click the merchant's name or email address.
7. Click the Cancel link.

and there was indeed a subscription. i canceled it. I would never knowingly sign up for ebay to take money monthly,, i rarely use it. I can not find any subscriptions in my ebay account. Now I definitely will be sticking to local classifieds to sell my odds and ends.

here is the auto email from paypal:

This email confirms that you have cancelled your billing agreement with eBay
Inc.. No further payments will be made from your PayPal account to this
merchant. If you have any further questions about the agreement, or wish to
reinstate it, please contact eBay Inc. directly.

Sincerely,
PayPal

be cautious with dealing with ebay, this company is obviously shady.
Message 19 of 226
latest reply

When I first saw this thread I thought the posters were doing something that eBay was charging them for but too many new posts changed my mind & I investigated the issue.

First is your eBay agreement when you allow PayPal to automatically deduct fees: https://cms.paypal.com/al/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/EbayBilling_popup&locale.x=en_US it states, "By agreeing to these terms, you are giving eBay permission to charge your PayPal account on a one-time, sporadic, or recurring basis to collect fees that you owe eBay, unless and until you cancel your Billing Agreement." So I checked my PayPal Profile and was very disturbed to find this:

That's right! 3 eBay accounts & 2 I haven't a clue about! & 1 has authorization to deduct 250 bucks a month!

I too have signed on to have my fees deducted so I looked at my last few billing statements from eBay & saw no recurring billing fees. So I dug deeper: http://www.google.com/search?q=eBay+Seller+Fees+Recurring+Billing+Payment&rls=com.microsoft:en-securid&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1 and there are others that have experienced this. How? Just as I didn't know about the PayPal page I didn't know about this eBay page:

So basically speaking you can be accidentally subscribed to an eBay subscription & it is being deducted from your PayPal account. You need to remove the eBay subscription to stop the "Recurring Fees”!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 20 of 226
latest reply

Since reading this thread, I checked both my accounts and didn't find any "merchant accounts", or whatever it was called, set up. Whew!

Looks like a person would need to keep a close eye on that, though....apparently they get set up without your knowledge or permission....which stinks, btw!
Message 21 of 226
latest reply

kmahotra
Enthusiast

Okay, I just received the same email and ebay took $46.57 USD out of my paypal account. I do not know what is the reason behind this. I did not owe any money.
Message 22 of 226
latest reply

Hi kmahotra & welcome to The Part Timers Forum!

Did you read my post above on how to find & correct this?

Hope this helps!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 23 of 226
latest reply

rootbeersoup
Enthusiast
I just canceled the subscription via PayPal... It said it had authority to deduct as much as $300,000!!!!!!
Message 24 of 226
latest reply

Hi RootBeerSoup & welcome to The Part Timers Forum!

Glad to hear you fixed EvilBay from wacking your PayPal account.....

Aaaaahhhhhh, RootBeerSoup an unusual ID... Ran it through GOOGLE (http://www.google.com/search?q=root+beer+soup&rls=com.microsoft:en-securid&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1) & didn't get any hits on the literal words.

Any clarification coming?

Message 25 of 226
latest reply

Thanks and propz to Hondamedic and the other poster with the steps for account removal.

Just started and sold some higher dollar items a month ago and they hit me for a *&%$#! $25 recurring +_()^!%$#$#@ fee the following #&%^ month!!! A month with no *^%^# sales!!! The &^$%$# thieves!!!

Hidden subscrptions are a bush league nigerian scam business practice that says alot about the corporate philosphy.

I'm done with the ebay idiots they stole thier last $9*&%#$ dollar from me!
Message 26 of 226
latest reply

mparker111207
Enthusiast
paypal sets recurring payments in its own section on the recurring payments option. if you agree to simply pay an amount to the same source it would be here. go there, simply deny anymore payments.
I got stuck on one site where I couldn't unsubscribe so I closed it off from any more paypal payments, and they unsubscribed me as a user the that site. hope i've been helpful. Ebay will not be able to charge you if paypal is not authorized to take it out of your acct. or card.
Message 27 of 226
latest reply

This was very helpful! Okay so I canceled my billing agreement with eBay. Does this mean that I will no longer receive the monthly charges??

And just making sure...Do I have this correct?
When I want to buy or sell something on eBay, I will need to set up my billing agreement again with eBay. And then AFTER I purchase or sell something, I can cancel the billing agreement and then I will not be charged the monthly charge. ....?
Message 28 of 226
latest reply

This was very helpful! Okay so I canceled my billing agreement with eBay. Does this mean that I will no longer receive the monthly charges??

And just making sure...Do I have this correct?
When I want to buy or sell something on eBay, I will need to set up my billing agreement again with eBay. And then AFTER I purchase or sell something, I can cancel the billing agreement and then I will not be charged the monthly charge. ....?

Sorry, unsure of your questions... If you cancelled your eBay billing PayPal then if there are any nasty reoccuring eBay bills they will not be automatically paid. So if you sell something on eBay you must pay them somehow... Got it? If not swing by with specific questions & we can help...

Message 29 of 226
latest reply

There is NO monthly charge unless you subscribe to something that isn't free. If you just sell, you only pay fees on what you list. If you don't list anything, your "monthly charge" will be $0.00.
Message 30 of 226
latest reply