cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Seller Fees Recurring Billing Payment

I just got an email that the subject was "eBay Seller Fees Recurring Billing Payment" from paypal.

Now, I'm not selling anything now nor do I plan to, but it says "Recurring". Does that mean eBay is going to charge me seller fee's every month no matter what now?
Message 1 of 226
latest reply
225 REPLIES 225

loveday789
Enthusiast
Is there an amount on the bill? If you do not sell, you will not get a bill.
Message 2 of 226
latest reply

mgb50441
Enthusiast
Just curious..Did this notice appear in your own email? Or actually through Ebay site?
Could this be Spam?
I don't have too much knowledge on this,but certainly sounds strange.
True, Only Sellers are the ones that get billed.
Message 3 of 226
latest reply

bubba_magic
Enthusiast
eBay Seller Fees Recurring Billing Payment"

SPAM

check your seller account and see if you owe a balance.

Bubba Me Page Ms Piggy!

Part Timer Cafe Opened on: Oct 4, 2005 4:07 PM

Message 4 of 226
latest reply

I just got this too, It says it deducted $2.00 from my paypal linked bank account, and it is "Seller fees recurring billing payment"

Will I be charged more than once? I put an Item up for auction - BUT it never sold!

whats the deal??
Message 5 of 226
latest reply

How did you get the message? If it came to your email account - DO NOT OPEN IT OR CLICK ON A LINK! It could be spoof, a fake email, sent to try to get your paypal login and password. If you already did click on it, CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD IMMEDIATELY!! Keep an eye on your account, and I would even contact PayPal for any other recommendations.

You can send it to spoof@paypal.com and they can verify whether it is a fake or not.

You can go to the "My eBay" page. Under the "Account" tab, click on "Seller Account". It will show how much you owe, if anything. It will also let you know how you have payment set up. If you have it set to automatically deduct from PayPal, if will happen at the end of the month. I believe eBay invoices around the 15th, and then PayPa pays it out around the 30th.
Message 6 of 226
latest reply

darkewe
Enthusiast
Ok, the same thing has happened to me twice, now. The first time I assumed it was because I did actually sell a few things, but this second time, it charged the same amount and I haven't sold anything or even put anything up. AND, the two payments combined cost more than what I earned from selling the items and it definitely went through to my PayPal account (which I did change my password).

Is it because I got a shipping refund from a combined purchase?
Message 7 of 226
latest reply

Try this:
Go to Summary....
Wave cursor on Account....
Scroll down to Seller Account & click,,,,
Scroll down to Balance:
Click on account activity......
If nothing there click on Fees....

Hope this helps!
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 8 of 226
latest reply

enez79
Enthusiast
I've gotten this fee deduced from my bank account through pay pal as well even when I dont have anything listed or have sold anything. ebay apparently does charge you a monthly fee to have a sellers account open even if youre not selling something. Can someone please explain this??
I think it's sleazy that nowhere under the "seller fees" is that monthly fee mentioned. Everytime I look under the help topics and review the fees all that I find is the listing fee and the end of auction fee. but no mention of the monthly fee. I've driven myself crazy trying to find an explanation for it.
Anyway, I just remove my payment information and close the seller account down after I sell something so I wont keep getting charged. I had to contact someone from ebay directly I think I called them and told them to stop charging me, and close the account. This was after getting automatic withdrawals out of my account two months in a row after I sold one thing. And I hadnt even listed anything the months I got charged.
why dont they tell you about the monthly automatic withdrawals they just kind of sneak it in there. ugh. annoying. I hate using ebay except for the fact that the rest of the world seems to have no problem with it so unfortunately its kind of the best way to go to sell something...except of course for the fees.
Message 9 of 226
latest reply

goodfynder
Trailblazer
Another place to check:

MyEbay/Account/MyAccount/Subscriptions

Make sure that you didn't sign up for something as a free trial that was then changed into a subscription with a fee. If so, cancel it there.

Just a thought.....

Goody
Message 10 of 226
latest reply

goodfynder
Trailblazer
There is no monthly fee if you do not actively list on eBay.
Nada

Goody
Message 11 of 226
latest reply

college-gurl
Enthusiast
I am having the same problem. I have been charged 2.09 every month through my paypal account with my bank account. I have been with ebay since 2002 and never had a problem. I have tried removing my bank account on paypal to only find paypal has re-added it so they can take the 2.09 from my account as reoccurring seller fees. I have no store nor do I have any subscriptions. i have tried canceling my ebay but i can't because there has been a transaction within 30 days. I am sad to cancel my account after so many years, but i haven't sold anything on ebay for two months and i am still getting this fee charged to me.
Message 12 of 226
latest reply

jsmcguirt
Enthusiast
Try this... it worked for me.

How do I cancel a Billing Agreement?

Question :
Answer :
Use the following steps to cancel a Billing Agreement:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click the My Account tab.
3. Click Profile at the top of the page.
4. Click the Pay List link in the Financial Information column.
5. Find the merchant whose agreement you want to cancel.
6. Click the merchant's name or email address.
7. Click the Cancel link.
Message 13 of 226
latest reply

Can you PLEASE tell me what the link is or whatever to close my seller account?!?!
Because I've had this SAME problem! They just charge me without me selling anything! I only sold one thing and don't plan on selling anymore and they still charge me!
I went to Help and it doesn't say how to do it!
Please please help me and guide me through it because I have no idea!
Thank you very much.
Message 14 of 226
latest reply

Can you PLEASE tell me what the link is or whatever to close my seller account?!?!
Because I've had this SAME problem! They just charge me without me selling anything! I only sold one thing and don't plan on selling anymore and they still charge me!
I went to Help and it doesn't say how to do it!
Please please help me and guide me through it because I have no idea!
Thank you very much.

You owed a final value fee for the item you sold a month ago. Have you paid that? This is IN ADDITION TO the listing fees that probably showed up on the previous bill.
Message 15 of 226
latest reply