cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Seller Fees Recurring Billing Payment

I just got an email that the subject was "eBay Seller Fees Recurring Billing Payment" from paypal.

Now, I'm not selling anything now nor do I plan to, but it says "Recurring". Does that mean eBay is going to charge me seller fee's every month no matter what now?
Message 1 of 226
latest reply
225 REPLIES 225

mkj-510
Enthusiast

HELP! I NEED HAND IN PAYNG MY BILL. I HAVE BEEN ON PAYPAL AUTO PAY FOR YEARS AND KNOW IT WONT TAKE IT.

Message 151 of 226
latest reply

WRONG THREAD AND YOUR CAPS LOCK STUCK!!!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 152 of 226
latest reply

So sorry this happened to you ksarocky, you'll be sorely missed!

By whom?

Newt
“Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country and giving it to the rich people of a poor country”. Ron Paul
Message 153 of 226
latest reply

Yea I have been paying these fees for years. I had no idea why either. I had nothing listed and still I would get a small deduction from Paypal account. I contacted Ebay several times about this and never received any reply as to why. I did a dispute with Paypal they didn't explain either got a generic reply. 

We have completed our investigation of your claim and have determined that this is not an instance of unauthorized account activity. At this time, your claim has been denied. If you would still like to report this account activity, please contact eBay directly.

Talk about a poor company ethics. What happened to the pay only when and if you see crap? Now you have to pay from the point you list an item on till you stop the auto payment. How do they get away with this?

Message 154 of 226
latest reply

Yea I have been paying these fees for years. I had no idea why either. I had nothing listed and still I would get a small deduction from Paypal account. I contacted Ebay several times about this and never received any reply as to why. I did a dispute with Paypal they didn't explain either got a generic reply. 

Check your account settings to see if you've subscribed to any extra service.

Message 155 of 226
latest reply

Check your account settings to see if you've subscribed to any extra service.

Come-on Doc! That would mean more than sitting on their dupa and calling.

Read the thread for info on how to check and fix their settings??

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 156 of 226
latest reply

tyler_woody
Enthusiast

It is a very confusing process. I, too, didn't realize that there was a reoccurring monthly fee.

I'm pretty careful with agreements, so I don't know how it slipped past me.

Even the cancellation process is kind of weird. You don't cancel the sellers account; you remove your payment information. It is strange to cancel an account by basically saying "I'm not paying you anymore."

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/account/closing-account.html#seller

'My eBay' (top corner)

'Account' tab

'Seller Account' (left column)

under 'Payment methods for Seller Fees' click 'Remove automatic payment'

Remove your payment info (Notice that it says you will lose your ability to sell)

Now, another thing is that even though you aren't selling anything, you can still have a 'store subscription'. If you also have an eBay store:

'My eBay' (top corner)

'Account' tab

'Subscriptions'

Under Active subscriptions, find the eBay Stores subscription and click either Change Level or Cancel Subscription

If you have bundled subscriptions with your eBay Store (for example, Selling Manager or another selling tool), select the appropriate option to specify whether you want to keep the subscriptions at the new monthly fee or unsubscribe.

If you are sure you want to cancel your eBay Stores subscription, click the Close store button.

Message 157 of 226
latest reply

hunt4tr3sure
Enthusiast

cancel your automatic billing agreement. so they only just charge if you sold something...

Message 158 of 226
latest reply

hunt4tr3sure
Enthusiast

cancel your automatic billing .....

Message 159 of 226
latest reply

cancel your automatic billing agreement. so they only just charge if you sold something...

How?

Message 160 of 226
latest reply

Can anyone explain what the actual $1.50 charge is FOR?

I see how to cancel it (through Paypal "Billing Agreement Details"), but if I cancel it will I no longer be able to sell things through eBay?

It seems like the obvious answer is that, yeah, this $1.50 monthly charge is so I can sell things via eBay that month. But this all seems so scammy and underhanded that I wouldn't be surprised if this payment is actually for NOTHING.

Message 161 of 226
latest reply

From my point of view, it is a rob somehow from ebay. There is a hidden clause that allows ebay to get a certain amount of money from your paypal acount. I just sold somethings once, and they started getting £4.+ every month since then. I canceled it and I think you should do the same as well. Ebay is not stupid to prevent you from selling forever if you cancel it. Afterall that is where their business is. The worst case scenario is that you will need to pay it again at some point if you decide to sell something in the future. But for now, you should cancel it and see what happens.

Message 162 of 226
latest reply

why am I being charged 172.86, what is this for?

Thank You , Tonyscollectibles11

Message 163 of 226
latest reply

@tonyscollectibles11 wrote:

why am I being charged 172.86, what is this for?

Thank You , Tonyscollectibles11

Dunno, did you sell anything?> http://www.ebay.com/sch/tonyscollectibles11/m.html?_ipg=&_from=&_nkw=&_armrs=1&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold...

http://ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

Hope this helps!

Message 164 of 226
latest reply

Ebay should give a better warning about recurring payments. From what I recall I read I would have to pay a sellers fee ONLY if I sold something not that I would have to PAY EVERY MONTH. It seems for the past few months they have been charging me $12 because I sold one item months ago. I don't plan to sell anymore. Lesson learned here to pay more attention to agreements on ebay and look at personal paypal statements. I removed it from paypal 

It scared me that it said paypal had authorization up to $300,000 to take out. What the heck?  First of all I am below the povertry line and no way I could ever have that much. Why would ebay ask for such high amount to be authorize to take out?  They do not mention any of that stuff before clicking ok to use paypal to pay sellers fee.

I feel disapointed in both Ebay and myself.....

Message 165 of 226
latest reply