cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ching ching is missing from Phone

Ok I was wondering if anyone can help me out here. I use to hear alerts on my cell phone when an item sold. Now I receive nothing. I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

I know that some are thinking its because there are no sells on ebay but that not it for me I'm selling a few items to know that its not working.  

I hope that I can start receiving them again.

Message 1 of 94
latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

Thanks!
Message 61 of 94
latest reply

There is no default choice on the new ebay app. You must have an older app. Maybe the default is cha ching but I chose a sound and there is no way for me to unchose it to go back to default. Ugh..
Message 62 of 94
latest reply

That does not work.there is no default setting to chose. You must have older app. I hate it when people answer with a solution that does not exist.
Message 63 of 94
latest reply

That does not exist on the new ebay app
Message 64 of 94
latest reply

I have a Samsung and I was able to get my cha-Ching back I went to settings then notifications then customize sounds then I chose selling then media storage then I picked default notification sound.  For iPhone or iPad there's no sound 

Message 65 of 94
latest reply

SOLVED ! Thanks to your clear input ! !
Message 66 of 94
latest reply

Hi, I am also a seller on Ebay, and came across your post regarding the cha ching when selling an item. I need to get a new smart phone and would like to get a samsung. If you don't mind me asking what type of samsung phone do you have? I like the notifications when a item sells and when the buyer pays for the item. I presently have it on my old Iphone and would like to have it on my new Samsung if possible. I appreciate you giving me any information you can.

Thanks,

Mike

Message 67 of 94
latest reply

Hi, Mike...the post/ID you are replying to was from last April, so he probably isn't reading this thread....but, we can give him/her a shout out to see if they can answer your question!

@harry.potter.collector.till.i.die 

In the meantime you may want to try asking your question here:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-Mobile-App-Android/gp-p/Mobile-Android

@oliverstreats

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 68 of 94
latest reply

I had the same problem, but discovered that if you have your Ebay app open in the in your phone's background the chaching sound works.
Message 69 of 94
latest reply

Message 70 of 94
latest reply

I know!!! now we get the same sound as text messages, why ebay? why? The kerching is very important for sellers.

Message 71 of 94
latest reply

Same I'm experiencing
I'm disappointed now the sounds are normal like a text message sound when receiving a ebay notification
Please fix this on iOS asap
Message 72 of 94
latest reply

seriously....don't you immediately check your phone no matter the alert sound? it seems the rest of civilization can't put their phones down...LOL

Message 73 of 94
latest reply

IOS 10 update came out a few days ago.
Not sure if that has anything to do with it?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 74 of 94
latest reply

Im also now getting an "alert" sound instead of "cha-ching"  It switched itself just since last night to a loud "bu-bink" that is usually what my emergency weather notification and within the past few months Facebook Messenger switched itself to also and both make me jump every time it does that sound!  Not in a good way and I have learned to tune them out til I feel like getting around to seeing what it was, because they usually ARENT important.  But if its a sale I like to be able to check it immediately.  So now if I cant get this notification sound to change, I have to check my phone everytime it makes any sort of noise, which is obnoxious!  Please fix it! 

Message 75 of 94
latest reply